Thread: Recording your PIP Assessment

Recording your PIP Assessment

Found this on the Atos webpage regarding recording you pip assessment and what a cheek you have to take your own recording equipment to make your recording and it has to be cd or cassette and beleave me it is not easy to get a recorder that can do 2 copies at the same time so had to buy 2 of the same recorders (the old school type cassette recorders) to take with me. They do not provide record equipment, This is what the say on the atos web page

It is possible for you to audio record your consultation. There are certain requirements that DWP have set for the audio recording of consultations, which have been listed below:
    You can request to audio record your consultation by calling our Customer Service Centre, but you will need to provide your own equipment.
    Inform us beforehand that you wish to record your consultation, which can be done by calling our Customer Service Centre. Please let us know as soon as possible, as we may not be able to accept requests made on the day of your consultation.
    Your recording equipment must be able to produce two identical copies of the recording at the end of the consultation, either in audio cassette or CD format. You will need to give one copy of the recording to the Health Professional undertaking your consultation, at the end of the consultation. Devices like PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones or MP3 players are not acceptable recording devices.
    You will need to sign an agreement that sets out what you are and are not allowed to do with the recording.
    We will keep our copy of the recording securely for a maximum of 14 months. After that time, we will destroy it. We don’t normally pass the recordings onto DWP and they do not use it when deciding on your entitlement and award of PIP.
    It is also useful to note that if you try to record the consultation without contacting us before hand and agreeing with the requirements set out above then your consultation may be stopped and we may have to pass your case back to DWP.

The more people who record their assessments.. the fewer they can cheat and lie on.

Seems fair to me. Imagine if ATOS, Capita etc covertly recorded the assessment without your knowledge ?

They would more than likely get away with it under the pretence of 'training purposes' lol

I recorded mine and the assessor behaved very different from the previous assessments I've had. She mentioned she had never been recorded before and said she would explain everything for the tape! When I arrived I was asked at the desk if I still wanted to record, when I said yes they asked to look at the equipment and then brought over a form for me to sign. Seemed to me they take it seriously if you record.

That doesn't surprise me babs, they could get into huge amounts of trouble if caught out on tape.

I don't see how it would be any different to benefit fraud

I wish they did record it or at least cctv if you have nothing to hide why worry. However if its not passed to dwp is there any point?

yes I would say it is best to record it as if god forbid you get turned down for pip and it goes to appeal there will be no "I did not say that and they did not ask me that and so on"