Thread: Work ESA

Work ESA

Hi, I'm just wanting a little advice please. I could have the opportunity of a part time job of 15 hrs per week which is over 5 days and the wage would be £108.20 per week.

Now my partner claims ESA for both of us as he is unable to work..we receive £115 a week ESA and Carers Allowance of £62 per week which I receive to care for my partner. my partner also receives £450 month DLA. we receive housing benefit of £89 per week but that is paid direct to council.

Now my question is would I be better with the part time job or would we lose some of the money. would we have to pay rent/council tax etc. all I was told is that we would lose £30 ESA per week but not sure if we'd have to pay rent and more council tax.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by claire33; 12-21-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Similar Threads

1. Dealer did not complete work they said they had done, also repeated work already done
    By blackkettle in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 01:13 PM
  2. Work Related Activity Group - Pre-Existing Voluntary Work
    By OldBat in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 05:23 PM
  3. Work Programme/Back to Work Schemes Judged to be "Illegal"
    By vikstar in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 02:17 PM
  4. Are you refused JCA, if you are too sick to activey seek work/do work?
    By KatherynH in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 01:40 PM