Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disabled and just found out I'm pregnant...

Hi Goth, anyone who has said that to you are insensitive, and frankly, rude. It is none of their business, and no explanation should be given. Just look after yourself in these early days, take plenty of rest, although with ME I don't think you have a choice do you! You will be surprised how those little babies are very strong inside your body, so don't think to much about the mis-carriage thing.
    H.

For a a few men sex once a month is more than most get in a year

Not sure on the CTC, someone will know. So many benefits affect others, & so many do not, & often it is the same ones that do & do not. If that makes sense then the drugs are not working, lol!

We think this is good news for all the usual reasons & because as disabled people we have such opposition to sex from non disabled people at times. It is none of their business. You know what you should say to them? Tell them to get a camera & they can film you having sex, since they obviously have some fetishistic interest in your sex life. I would love to say that to someone.

Looks like you do have all the support you will need, & you are preparing. I hope you can carry this baby & it is born healthy. Your husband will cope, with help, as will you, because love is there. Once you see that baby you will not care about anything else.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Hey everyone.

I'm back.

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the replies.

I'm now 19 weeks pregnant and everything has been okay apart from low blood pressure and struggling alot with the M.E.

Does anyone know at what point I let IS know that I'm pregnant i.e. how many weeks?

CAB said that I don't need to let them know until the baby is born but I'm not sure if that is right. :S

Thank you.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by gothicmidnightrose View Post
    Hey everyone.

I'm back.

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the replies.

I'm now 19 weeks pregnant and everything has been okay apart from low blood pressure and struggling alot with the M.E.

Does anyone know at what point I let IS know that I'm pregnant i.e. how many weeks?

CAB said that I don't need to let them know until the baby is born but I'm not sure if that is right. :S

Thank you.
    x
    Hi

Pleased you are doing well and I cannot believe you are 19 weeks pregnant already.

IS - Did you mean Income Support? I went on Income Support (I think I was 29 weeks pregnant) 11 weeks before I was due. I was 42 weeks when I had my son, he did not want to come out lol. Good luck with rest of your pregnancy and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Shystar View Post
    Hi

Pleased you are doing well and I cannot believe you are 19 weeks pregnant already.

IS - Did you mean Income Support? I went on Income Support (I think I was 29 weeks pregnant) 11 weeks before I was due. I was 42 weeks when I had my son, he did not want to come out lol. Good luck with rest of your pregnancy and take care.

Hello.

I know! Time flies!

I did mean Income Support, but I'm already on it because of disability as I haven't been transferred to ESA yet so not sure at what point I needed to tell them I was pregnant. :S
    Last edited by gothicmidnightrose; 07-12-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gothicmidnightrose View Post
    Hello.

I know! Time flies!

I did mean Income Support, but I'm already on it because of disability as I haven't been transferred to ESA yet so not sure at what point I needed to tell them I was pregnant. :S
    Oh right I see. You could always contact your local CAB or Welfare Rights Officer for some advice with IS/ESA, I am sure they will able to give you more information about it. x