Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: denise13

denise13

Can anyone help pls
    I have been papar based assessed and have een told via maximus yesterday my prognossis is 18 months before i have a reassessment does this mean i have been awarded esa and dwp are deciding whuch group to put me in also am i right by saying this is a new esa claim could i be in support group many thanks.

No one can second guess the DWP, no matter how clever they think they may be, though if what you've been told is correct it is possible but you'll just have show a little patience until the decision reaches you.

Best of luck

NB: By the way you have 2 threads running here, you should delete one.

Hi it sounds like maximus have sent their decision to the dwp but you will have to wait on their final decision before you know, you could be in either group regardless if new claim or a reassessment you wont know until you get the letter from them, if you haven't heard anything in about a week ring the dwp and ask them though if you can you should just wait till they contact you. Maybe someone will come on here with more info for you. goodluck

Hi denise13,

There is no need to post the same question twice, once is enough to get noticed and get answers.
    It can also get confusing for everyone if you have two threads going with the same question.

To answer your question Maximus DO NOT make award decisions and so CAN NOT tell you what your decision will be.
    They should not have told you anything except that you would not be asked to a Face to Face assessment.

Maximus only do the assessment, on paper or by seeing you, and send their report to the DWP.

It is the DWP DEcision Maker who makes the decision (not Maximus).

It does sound like maximus have recommended that you be awarded ESA on the evidence that you supplied, but you have to be cautious.
    Only the DM can make the award and until he does and you get a letter about it you cannot be sure.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Thanks for your advise you are very good feel a bit better now but I feel like someone said esp cannot find you fit to work without a rtf but if Dm feels I need a rtf can cm request one I am awaiting surgery for a prolapse and incontinence send info via go get many thanks

And who gives you the points maximum or esp.

The Points are probably generated by the Software that Maximus use, the DWP look at the report and usually will go along with the recommendations, unless the assessor has made some obvious errors, in which case they would probably ask them to re do it, But i have never heard of anyone getting found ffw without going through the F2F farce AKA WCA first, the fact that they decided not to call you for a f2f wca in itself means they consider you to qualify for WRAG or SG
    The DWP will once they have ticked the correct boxes (made the decision) write to you telling you which one of the 2 groups you have met the criteria for and been placed in, and if they still include it the period of time before you normally will be due to be re assessed , and how much they are going to pay you ect
    Last edited by tom34; 01-07-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denise13 View Post
    And who gives you the points maximum or esp.
    Maximus only recommend, points or anything else.

The Decision Maker decides if he agrees with the maximus recommendation or not.
    He can change any recommended points up or down as he decides.

As others have said though without a face to face assessment you are being awarded ESA, you can only be found fit-for-work following a f2f.
    The only question now is whether it will be WRAG or Support Group.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Thankful all so so much I will let you all know the result asap I hope what will be will be thanks all for your quick reply hugs

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Maximus only recommend, points or anything else.

The Decision Maker decides if he agrees with the maximus recommendation or not.
    He can change any recommended points up or down as he decides.
    Well that's the official blurb at least , many decision makers are not medically trained in any way, but they i would say authorise what maximus have recommended rather than make any sort of decision to allow or disallow,
    Last edited by tom34; 01-07-2017 at 09:54 PM.