Thread: bed needed for my disabled husband

bed needed for my disabled husband

hi hope someone can help im just wondering if anyone on here knows if my husband can get help or get a grant towards a new bed he suffers with degeneration of his discs and is in constant pain the bed we have is no good at all and i think a new bed would make a whole lot of difference to him
    Shaun

You should contact Social Services, they are the first port for anything. Does he have an occupational therapist? There are grants for any equipment needed for a disabled person & Councils do provide this, but it depends on the circumstances. As such, for a bed, the answer is usually no, but it is always worth trying as it does depend on several factors, such as that without a bed that meets his needs who could end up in hospital or need an operation, if you can show this you may sand a chance, but do not hold your breath. He should at least be able to get a grant from DWP, which he may have to pay back over time. There are also charities specific to conditions such as his, who might be able to help with funding.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

If he or any close relative was or is a member of the armed forces SAAFA http://www.ssafa.org.uk/ may be able to help with a grant.
    The most important thing is not to buy blind. Social Services can carry out an assessment, advise and possibly supply, it is means tested though. Contact Adult Care and ask for this.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by jshaun1968 View Post
    hi hope someone can help im just wondering if anyone on here knows if my husband can get help or get a grant towards a new bed he suffers with degeneration of his discs and is in constant pain the bed we have is no good at all and i think a new bed would make a whole lot of difference to him
    red cross do long term and short term hospital type bed loans

Take a look at this pdf from the Disabled Living Foundation (the people who own Youreable) http://www.dlf.org.uk/factsheets/Sou...disabled_0.pdf
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs