Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by suffolkbobby View Post
    I called the JC and explained that as there was too much fortnight at the end of my money(appointment Wednesday.....payday Thursday) I did not have the money for the train fare, a very understanding lady rescheduled for a Friday on a pay week.

I'm managing to maintain the home to an acceptable standard on the current income, we eat healthily and stay warm but being confined to the home I'm still bored to tears, to add insult to injury, I had to decline a school driving job offering money for old rope and a chance to get out on a run I used to do, I had to decline as I could not afford the fuel to drive to the vehicle's base and back twice a day... and even if I could, knowing the vehicle of old, albeit a small one in comparison to my usual mounts, I would be unable to climb into the cab.
    I've got to find something soon or risk losing my sanity.

I have just gone back to work doing a school run twice a day after being on ESA for nearly 2 years and latterly in the support group but i guess i am lucky as in my contract we get to take the vehicle home with us.
    Like you I do struggle to get into the minibus but it all makes it worthwhile when you get out of the home and start receive the wages and have the self worth once again.
    New company are even looking for an automatic for me to use.

Suffolkbobby, I do sympathise with you after reading your post. Like yourself I had similar health problems as you have & in my situation the DVLA revoked my HGV/PSV entitlements & now they are debating about my normal D/L.
    Also wagon & bus driving all my adult life too.

Annoying thing was having to exist on £85 (then) pw. My rent was £82 pw !! & taking ages to get any help with housing costs. So all my savings didn't last long.
    I found that trying to understand how & what I could claim a real nightmare in itself & how every question was difficult to find the right answer too, if only I had known about this forum then.

I'm sorry that I cannot offer you any advice but there are many members here who are highly knowledgeable & very helpful too, I can only offer you my best wishes & hope things get better for you soon.
    Last edited by gus607; 02-20-2017 at 03:33 PM.
    Call me Mike.