Thread: How to avoid number plate recognitionI can speed everywhere and not get caught by num

How to avoid number plate recognitionI can speed everywhere and not get caught by num

The Ainsbury's car park car recognition doesn't record or display my number plate when I enter - effectively I'm invisible!

The question is does t7hat mean I can rip along a motorway at 100 mph without being caught speeding. Who knows.

It all started after I phoned the poi0ce to report my number plates had been stolen. They gave me a case number and circulated the fact that my plates had been stolen.

I went to Halford and for £50 had a new set made and fitted within 20 minutes. What surprised me was how many people were in Halfords having replacement plates fitted. Now you don't think Halfords are paying someone to nick number plates as they are doing a brisk trade. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    The Ainsbury's car park car recognition doesn't record or display my number plate when I enter - effectively I'm invisible!

The question is does t7hat mean I can rip along a motorway at 100 mph without being caught speeding. Who knows.

It all started after I phoned the poi0ce to report my number plates had been stolen. They gave me a case number and circulated the fact that my plates had been stolen.

I went to Halford and for £50 had a new set made and fitted within 20 minutes. What surprised me was how many people were in Halfords having replacement plates fitted. Now you don't think Halfords are paying someone to nick number plates as they are doing a brisk trade. lol
    I wouldn't think so, as halfords is probably the more or most expensive option
    Last edited by tom34; 01-22-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Didn't you have to go on a course because you had been caught speeding numerous times?
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Stealing number plates is becoming big business as people will use them to avoid not only speeding convictions but also the congestion charge, fines for using bus lanes etc.

Plates get sold on, used for a while, probably sold on again.

You can purchase numbers plates which are more difficult to read on a camera. However, these are illegal to use. I'm not sure if the law changed but it was legal to purchase them but illegal to use them. Strange
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

White Transit Van Man is to blame according to the police.

They reckon the robbery was done by 'numpties' in a drive-by, I would have been chosen at random or because the street lighting isn't nearby.

They reckon that this 'white transit van man' will stick my plates over his own before entering a petrol station. Then fill up without paying and remove my plates nearby.

The garages CCTV would have picked up that these were stolen plates as the original vehicle was a different colour and make!

They are well programmed these CCTV cameras!

Could it be that your reg isn't displayed because the system recognises your car as taxed in the Disabled Class (if that is the case), and therefore doesn't keep you to the relevant time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by keithl View Post
    Could it be that your reg isn't displayed because the system recognises your car as taxed in the Disabled Class (if that is the case), and therefore doesn't keep you to the relevant time limit?
    No I visit this supermarket quite a lot as theres a coffee shopp ten foot away from the accessible bays.

It always registered my number plate and time as you can only park there for free if under 2 hours stay.

It's funny because if a car directly ahead of mme enters the car park you see their number plate flash up on the digital monitor. As I approach the previous car reg remains - my number plate isn't registered.

These number recognition software programmes must be linked to the Police database for stolen cars or plates. They will know that my plates are genuine as they link to the right mak model and colour.

It goes to show you that Big Brother is watching - spooky!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    No I visit this supermarket quite a lot as theres a coffee shopp ten foot away from the accessible bays.

It always registered my number plate and time as you can only park there for free if under 2 hours stay.

It's funny because if a car directly ahead of mme enters the car park you see their number plate flash up on the digital monitor. As I approach the previous car reg remains - my number plate isn't registered.

These number recognition software programmes must be linked to the Police database for stolen cars or plates. They will know that my plates are genuine as they link to the right mak model and colour.

It goes to show you that Big Brother is watching - spooky!
    Sainsbury coffee very good.

The recognition systems plug into the DVLA database. Every time a number plate is read a message is sent to the DVLA database which returns data such as make, model, colour. Some systems will also check the tax, insurance and mot status and yes some are linked into the Police database to check if the vehicle has been reported stolen. Most systems use what is called an API, application programming interface.

The UK has apparently one of the highest levels of surveillance in the world. Out and about in any major town will see you being caught on CCTV dozens on times. Let's not even mentioned how people are tracked via their phones etc.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

Well,, my front number plate was removed and placed on my windscreen at the Trafford Centre.

At least I've still got it! Greyer Manchester has the highest crime rates for petrol stolen at forecourts!