Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: DLA Post your views of the DLA assesment

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    53

    DLA Post your views of the DLA assesment

    The government has created a draft of the test that will be used to decide if people qualify and wants to know what you think about it. If you receive DLA, this is an important chance to make sure your views on the new test are heard.

    http://activeindependence.org/2012/0...ing-allowance/

  2. #2
    Member williej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    80
    Is there really any point they won't listen and do as they wish any way.Also if Atos has any thing to do with it we may just kill ourselves that's what they want no sick or disabled .
    WillieJ

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by williej View Post
    Is there really any point they won't listen and do as they wish any way.Also if Atos has any thing to do with it we may just kill ourselves that's what they want no sick or disabled .
    Thats exactly what they want, so I wouldn't give them the satisfaction. I believe that the PIP was going to be assessed by up to for different groups, so it may not be ATOS, but I wouldn't like to put money on it. The government are doing all this just to get everyone off benefits, and so far they seem to be doing a good job. personally I think everyone should appeal, dont let the beggars win, keep fighting. I have today heard of yet another person having lost their tribunal, and they are close to taking their own life, this is nothing new, just read Calums list, and you will find folks are opting to end their lives rather than continue with the fight, this shouldn't be happening, and I along with many others are fighting back, on behalf of the ones that are to unwell and weak to manage to fight themselves. A lot of help can be found on; http://dwpexamination.org/

  4. #4
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    Thats exactly what they want, so I wouldn't give them the satisfaction. I believe that the PIP was going to be assessed by up to for different groups, so it may not be ATOS, but I wouldn't like to put money on it. The government are doing all this just to get everyone off benefits, and so far they seem to be doing a good job. personally I think everyone should appeal, dont let the beggars win, keep fighting. I have today heard of yet another person having lost their tribunal, and they are close to taking their own life, this is nothing new, just read Calums list, and you will find folks are opting to end their lives rather than continue with the fight, this shouldn't be happening, and I along with many others are fighting back, on behalf of the ones that are to unwell and weak to manage to fight themselves. A lot of help can be found on; http://dwpexamination.org/
    you talk of someone losing a tribunal is there not a chance they did not have a case ? I ask because people post on here and other forums how atos/dwp mess up but the tribunal will put everything right ........

    yet in recent weeks I have seen 2 cases where people in wheel chairs did not get esa and dla at tribunal

    is everyone so blinkered to the possibility that some people who fight dont have a case ?

    every time I fill in an IB dla form I ask myself that question ...... some dont me thinks

    They should make it most people on DLA and ESA have to sit on tribunals .......... could you do it look at the case on the facts ... not think if I give them dla they will have more cash each month for the bills ........ but say I think he can walk or he only needs help with a meal not day and night care

  5. #5
    Well Personally I couldn't sit for long enough, but I would expect to hear from medical specialist and doctors first and foremost, not a pen pusher or failed Medical professional. No one could possibly know just how much help a person needs at home just by LOOKING at someone! Medical opinion should be read first, then the carers as well as the disabled person should be asked about their daily routine, I certainly think that the Disabled person should be given legal help, as the DWP always have a legal representative, but the DWP know most of the disabled people are living on a lower income and cannot afford such luxuries as a lawyer. The odds are stacked in favour of DWP because they have all the back up, the disabled has just themselves, or a welfare rights/cab representative, and they don't know the right 'buzz words' that the DWP legal person will have used in their defense. Honest Dave, do you hate the disabled? you are really argumentative when it comes to how disabled people live. Most disabled just want to get on with trying to live, and some can manage to work and some cannot. We are not all the same, and disablity affects everyone differently, one may be able to cope better than another.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    Well Personally I couldn't sit for long enough, but I would expect to hear from medical specialist and doctors first and foremost, not a pen pusher or failed Medical professional. No one could possibly know just how much help a person needs at home just by LOOKING at someone! Medical opinion should be read first, then the carers as well as the disabled person should be asked about their daily routine, I certainly think that the Disabled person should be given legal help, as the DWP always have a legal representative, but the DWP know most of the disabled people are living on a lower income and cannot afford such luxuries as a lawyer. The odds are stacked in favour of DWP because they have all the back up, the disabled has just themselves, or a welfare rights/cab representative, and they don't know the right 'buzz words' that the DWP legal person will have used in their defense. Honest Dave, do you hate the disabled? you are really argumentative when it comes to how disabled people live. Most disabled just want to get on with trying to live, and some can manage to work and some cannot. We are not all the same, and disablity affects everyone differently, one may be able to cope better than another.


    Hera:

    I have read many posts and and it appears to me that you are one of the only members i have come across so far that has COMMON SENSE and Feelings for others just like myself.

    The only way to get support today is you have to FIGHT for it.
    All ATOS intends to do is kick almost as many off as they can and ( hope for the best that everyone accepts their decision without appealing)

    Why has 60% of claimants been kicked off appealled against ATOS decision.

    Why has 40% out of the total 60% got it back?

    Why did they get it back?

    Why were they denied in the first place?

    Just give in and you play into their hands, if i was turned down i would appeal and appeal, if i still was denied i was start filling out New applications.

    Hera, many writing posts has no common sense, it is suprising how "Crafty" the Government, ATOS & DWP are and you have to have the courage to fight and be as CRAFTY as they are to win.

    Why has ATOS been "Banned" from the United States?

    Possibly for the main cause not treating everyone fairly, Why has the Government employed them ?

    Possibly no one else would employ them and therefore become one of the cheapest companies to employ in which to save money.
    Last edited by cliff1961; 04-11-2012 at 11:36 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by williej View Post
    Is there really any point they won't listen and do as they wish any way.Also if Atos has any thing to do with it we may just kill ourselves that's what they want no sick or disabled .
    Yes there is a point to fighting williej. If no-one fought the system there would be no change at all, and the government would get it's way believing it is doing the right thing.
    Personally I think the biggest change with the proposed PIP criteria is the virtual removal of the 'main meal' test. So far under DLA criteria many people have satisfied the main meal test for low rate care on the basis that they cannot use the oven. Usually because they cannot bend, or bend while using both hands to lift food out of the oven. The PIP criteria ignores this altogether, and focuses on being able to use cooking equipment on a level to prepare a meal. Which of course means using a microwave, or microwave and hob.
    To me they are now saying that people can eat perfectly well using microwave meals plus maybe a few veggies. Whereas before the criteria has been to be able to be able to prepare a full main meal from scratch.
    This is a dangerous change in thinking, especially when we also have a government which purports to push healthy eating as a major factor in tackling things like obesity - and while at the same time there are almost daily new horror stories about the amount of additives, salt and sugar in ready meals.
    I actually look forward to the first appeals under PIP, which will hopefully be on the grounds that it is virtually impossible to prepare a healthy main meal from scratch without using an oven. But if people give up before PIP even comes in the government will get away with what could well be murder.

  8. #8
    Member williej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    80
    Carneucopia Thank You

    I hear what you are saying, but it looks like the government has already got away with it when this has all passed through the LORDS etc.
    They hoodwink every one no matter what one is in Power.I have written to No 10 and also to the Storment government here in Northern Ireland but all falls on deaf ear's.I do keep fighting but it gets to the point sometimes (for me ) when I really wish I was no longer on this earth.
    WillieJ

  9. #9
    davewhit
    Guest
    I am very disabled ....... main two problems are heart and now blind (as a bat) .........like most people here have other health problems ......and very argumented too .......keeps me going............. you say the odds are stacked in favour of DWP if that was the case I would expect to see far less people getting DLA or ESA at tribunals at the moments the odds are just and only just come down on dwp side look at the stats ........ If I worked for the dwp I would be upset if we lost more than 15% of the cases at tribunal ........ mind you reading PIP and the wording that might start to happen the way the goal posts have been moved.


    failed medical pro ? not DM ? if that was so they would have more medical knowledge than they do

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    I am very disabled ....... main two problems are heart and now blind (as a bat) .........like most people here have other health problems ......and very argumented too .......keeps me going............. you say the odds are stacked in favour of DWP if that was the case I would expect to see far less people getting DLA or ESA at tribunals at the moments the odds are just and only just come down on dwp side look at the stats ........ If I worked for the dwp I would be upset if we lost more than 15% of the cases at tribunal ........ mind you reading PIP and the wording that might start to happen the way the goal posts have been moved.


    failed medical pro ? not DM ? if that was so they would have more medical knowledge than they do


    The DWP is as Corrupt as ATOS and you cannot trust them neither!
    I had a friend who was severly disabled and rather send her an application form to fill in they sent out one of their Representatives and went through the application form asking the questions, my friend gave him the answers and at the very end he asked her to sign the back of the form in which to confirm he paid his visit.

    She was Denied her application and they posted out the application form and once she read the application form

    1: The answers the DWP Representative wrote down were entirley different than the answers she gave him!
    2: The signature at the back was not to confirm he paid his visit it was to confirm he read the answers to her and agreed to what he wrote.

    I advised her to appeal and go to a tribunal i went along and regardless what ansers she gave the tribunal would only take the word of what the DWP Representative wrote down. There were 3 levels of appeals but she did not have the courage to fight as i would have!

    Dave you state you are very Arguementative but let me tell you that you are arguing with the wrong people!
    if you class yourself as Disabled you should be defending the Disabled not running down "Hera and her points of view"

    What Hera is saying is "Common Sense".
    Last edited by cliff1961; 04-11-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Right to die bill proposed by Lord Falconer - your views?
    By Conceptual in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 10:03 AM
  2. Pets - as in animals - your views
    By Lighttouch in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 04:38 PM
  3. Tummy problems and bacteria - your views
    By mikeydt1 in forum Health - help & advice on health issues for disabled people
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 04:22 AM
  4. Views and reviews of the councils home bidding system
    By mikeydt1 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM
  5. Cameron/Clegg party wants your views!
    By warkman in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2012, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •