Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: finding jobs for the disabled

so people with disabilities aren't normal then gracei ? I think I know what you mean don't worry I think it may be the language barrier

In response to the Remploy 'situation' I noted that the Welsh Assembly's request that they accept responsibility for a 'rescue package' for the 8 of 11 Remploy operations being closed in Wales was flatly refused by the Westminster Govt. A disappointing result for the Remploy workforce most importantly, but also Welsh Assembly being told in no uncertain manner that such matters are to be centrally controlled and are not within the Assembly's remit! This is merely a comment on my part, not intended to be political as such, but is not best helpful (to be polite) for those hopeful of any lifeline.

Quote Originally Posted by dickymint View Post
    the Welsh Assembly's request that they accept responsibility for a 'rescue package' for the 8 of 11 Remploy operations being closed in Wales was flatly refused by the Westminster Govt.
    Remploy should be closed. It's working model is over 60 years old. Remploy is a charity that is run and controlled by a handful of very well paid able bodied people with big bonuses. The disabled staff were on minimum wage and segregated from other able bodied workers in a ghetto style.

In order for disabled people to gain dignity and equal opportunities in mainstream society these 'workshops' need closing.

The money saved can better be used on retraining disabled employees for other more rewarding jobs in the community.

The question that needs to be asked is simple, will the money be used elsewhere for disabled people to find work?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen