Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP award backpay question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PIP award backpay question

Hi there, put in for pip in August and got no award. Asked for mandatory reconsideration and have got an award now. What I want to know please is when the payments are backdated from. Have not got anything yet cos only got letter yesterday, but it looks like they are only paying me from last week.

It should be backdated to the date of the original decision if you are transferring from DLA or to the date you claimed if yours is a totally new PIP claim and you had already had the condition you are claiming for for 3 months or more prior to making a claim,.

Thank you for your quick reply ????

Sorry about the question marks, it was supposed to be a smiley face :-)

My PIP claim was turned down as was the MR, I won at appeal & the award was backdated to my origial claim date, almost one rear before !!

You will be backdated from the time you claimed. I was.

Hi, so will The money be backdated to my original application? Or their original decision? Or their Mandatory Reconsideration decision? The lady on the phone seemed to think it was the latter but she didn't really know, and my case manager is on holiday until Monday so I'm none the wiser after phoning them. I'd like to know where I stand for when I get the phone call on Monday, then I will feel more confident stating my case. Thank you

Looking at your previous posts it seems you were transferring from DLA to PIP?

If that is the case then you should have received a 4 week 'run on' of DLA after your PIP claim was turned down.

If that is the case, then you will receive the new award of PIP from the date of your last DLA payment. Means you may miss out on some extra money but unfortunately those are the rules.

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com...om-dla-to-pip/

Hi pmlindyloo,
    I was already getting dla when I put in for pip because of change of circumstances. I first applied for pip in July. Got letter in October stating no award of care or mobility pip from 13 July, and dla was going to end on 8 Nov (which it did). Then put in for mandatory reconsideration and was awarded standard care.
    The letter didn't state when it will be paid from (well it did but it said November 2017 which is obviously incorrect, and I assume they meant to say November 2016. Which doesn't seem right either!) I'm sure you can see why I'm confused!

Quote Originally Posted by 2poshvic View Post
    Hi pmlindyloo,
    I was already getting dla when I put in for pip because of change of circumstances. I first applied for pip in July. Got letter in October stating no award of care or mobility pip from 13 July, and dla was going to end on 8 Nov (which it did). Then put in for mandatory reconsideration and was awarded standard care.
    The letter didn't state when it will be paid from (well it did but it said November 2017 which is obviously incorrect, and I assume they meant to say November 2016. Which doesn't seem right either!) I'm sure you can see why I'm confused!
    I still think the link I gave you applies to you.

The original PIP decision (with no award) was made in October 2016 and your DLA ended approx. 4 weeks later.

Now that you have appealed the decision is only backdated to when your DLA ended - that is November 2016.