Thread: Applied for PIP

Applied for PIP

I posted a few weeks ago explaining that I was going to apply for PIP now rather than waiting and waiting for my DLA to stop as I know I'm going to have to change sometime. Got some medical proof of my uncontrolled epilepsy and also about my osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Well, I've applied now and have the help of a professional who says she will help me fill in the forms when they arrive. Had a text saying they would take up to 7 days so should get them soon. There are so many pages that I know I couldn't fill them all in myself now so I'll probably ask the professional (age uk) to do it as she did offer. I know it sounds mad but I wanted to take control of it and get it over with to stop stressing. At least I'll know one way or the other. I'm not over hopeful but I'll put up a good enough fight if they turn me down. I think they turn a lot down first time but most seem to win their appeals, it's just so hard and so stressful. When I was changed to ESA from SDA a couple of years ago I was put straight into the support group with no face to face interview. I don't get ESA now cos I've reached pension age and got my pension late last year. I think it's more difficult with PIP though, esp as a lot of my health problems are invisible. I've got some decent medical evidence but not sure they even bother to read the letters when it comes to PIP. Oh well, I'll know one way or the other soon I hope.

Hi Milliesmum my hubby sent his PIP forms off on the 8th Feb so now its a waiting game.We also has someone who knows what they are doing and how to word things

Hi Milliesmum, I volunteered to apply for PIP, as I had strong medical evidence, I was pretty sure I would get PIP
    and I did get awarded Enhanced for care and Mobility ongoing , ( 10 years before review )

I also went from Incapacity Benefit to ESA Support Group, without a F2F,

In actual fact I have never had a F2F interview, always been paper based,

Good luck on your journey,

Thanks Popeye. I got into the support group when I was on ESA and didn't have a F2F either, they went on the doctor's letter. I just hope his new letter helps with PIP. Good luck to all who are waiting, I'm glad that I got my state pension last year cos at least I don't think they can take that off me, it's based on 37 years of contributions mostly from when I was working but did get some from when I was on SDA for around 11 years.

I got my paper work today. It has to be back by March 10th so I'll make an appointment with the woman who is helping me soon. I saw my orthopaedic surgeon yesterday who has put me on the waiting list for an operation on my right wrist. Apparently it will be 6 months or so before the wrist is back to normal (if it works) and then I have to have the other hand done. I can type but have difficulty writing as it's my thumbs and wrists that hurt and make it impossible to do certain daily tasks and there's the epilepsy as well. The surgeon told his registrar to dictate a letter for me (I asked) saying that I have problems with personal care, dressing and cooking and preparing food. Got to wait a couple of weeks for that letter though he said but there's time by the look of it. I also have been put on the waiting list for a knee replacement but I've got to wait to hear from my GP about that and he's not referred me to the consultant yet even though I saw a GP there a month ago and asked about it cos it was giving way and causing me to fall. This other surgeon told me to get onto the GP ASAP about that cos having osteoporosis means I shouldn't be falling, which I am. The consultants don't seem too bad, it's my GPs surgery who don't seem to want to do anything about me and won't give me letters. I'd like to change but the nearest GP to us is said to be totally useless and the other one which is close (a mile away) have too many patients anyway. I'm stressed now but fingers crossed. I've got proof I'm having the wrist op anyway cos I've got a copy of the consent form I signed.