Thread: Pip form concern

Pip form concern

Hi all, first time poster here,
    A little background for you, I have a unspecified psychotic illness with symptoms of severe anxiety, delusions, paranoia and auditory hallucinations. I'm on anti psychotics anti depressants and anti anxiety medication and I'm suffering with increasingly bad agrephobia
    I have recently been admitted into hospital due to a psychotic episode and had completed my pip form whilst all this was happening.
    What I'm concerned about is my responses are extremely erratic and contain statements alluding to me killing myself and that I'm being monitored and followed by persons unknown. My cpn has written supporting my symptoms and states that I have a long journey ahead before I will be on the road to recovery and he forsees me bring under the care of the cmht and crisis team for some considerable time
    Given my mid psychosis ramblings on the form I'm now worried they won't consider me for pip
    I've had a text saying that they've received my form and if I need a assessment I will be notified. I'm hoping I don't have to as I have a heightened fear of strangers

Hello Nellymum

I wonder if you feel able to see your GP and explain how the thought of having an assessment makes you feel?

Perhaps you could explain what you have written here about how you were feeling when you completed the PIP form too.

Ask your GP if they would write a letter explaining your difficulties at the thought of having to have an assessment, this should then be sent on to the assessment providers.

Good luck for your PIP application.

Hi thank you for your reply, yes I guess I could speak to my GP he is very supportive.
    Do you think my mad ramblings will go against me?

Hello Nellymum

I would prefer to believe that some of things you wrote in your PIP form when you were very unwell, are an example of how your illness effects you. I do not believe this should go against you.

Now you are beginning on the long road to recovery you can see that some of the things you wrote on the PIP form were not what you would choose to write if you were filling in the form today.

Good luck, please come back to the forum and let us all know how you got on.