Thread: DLA is ending, PIP letter received.

DLA is ending, PIP letter received.

My last DLA award was for 5 years and I've been expecting the dreaded brown envelope and it's finally arrived. It's a letter telling me my DLA is ending and I have to ring them by 14 March if I want to continue and make a claim for PIP.

I will probably have a load of questions to ask but for now could someone please tell me what the telephone call involves as I hate talking to people on the phone. Is it just to gather basic information before sending out the claim form or will there be any probing questions into my personal/medical stuff and how my condition affects me? My main problems relate to mental health and I would prefer this to be explained properly on paper rather than get tongue tied and say the wrong things over the telephone. Thanks.

Its just basic questions.

What you’ll be asked for

When you make a claim you’ll be asked for information like:
    contact details and date of birth
    National Insurance number
    bank or building society details
    doctor’s or health worker’s name
    details of any time you’ve spent abroad, or in a care home or hospital

from gov.uk

Thank you, that's not too bad then.
    Is there any advantage to ringing now or will I get the same amount of time to complete the forms if I wait until nearer the deadline of 14 March before ringing. Was thinking of leaving it a while to give me time to get my head straight and dig out any paperwork/medical evidence that may help.

You'll still get the same amount of time to complete the form. They give you one month from the date they send the form to you.