Thread: New pip regulations, nooooo this can't be happening !!!!

New pip regulations, nooooo this can't be happening !!!!

I'm crying right now. They've stopped all people with mental health claiming the motability element of pip. Why are they doing this !!!!! Please do all you can write to your mps sign a petition, write to the newspapers they can't do this they just can't :'( The upper tribunal ruled that people with mental health should be entitled to the motability element but now the tory government has changed the descriptors to counteract that.

We need to come together to stop this. So sad and immoral. I just won my tribunal now I'm scared its gonna be taken away. If they do that then that's the end of me.

brightonbelle
    sidelle, they are not saying a claimant with mental health wont get a mobility award.

First of all, the DWP have said that anyone with a current award will not be affected, ie they will not apply any new (lower) point descriptor retrospectivley. The new rules come into force 16 march. If you have an award its safe until renewal.

Secondly. No amount of protestation is going to achieve anything. The DWP never intended for some conditions to be considered for some of the descriptors, however the way they worded the critieria left it open to interpretation. The judges interpreted things in favour of claimants. The DWP have reworded the criteria to ensure that interpretation can not now take place. The DWP seem to want to keep mobility activity 1 to those with mental health/learning disability/sensory conditions....and to separate the descriptors accordingly.

Third. Claimants with mental health conditions may still be eligible for the mobility element of pip. Those that meet the highest eligable point descriptor in the first activity would gain 10 points and standard rate. Enhanced rate will not be possible on just the first activity - but may still be possible if someone gains 10 points from activity one, and more than 2 points on activity 2 if their limitations meet the descriptors.

Finally. Changes are being considered to the mobility scheme whereby claimants who get the standard rate may be eligible for a vehicle on the basis they top up the costs.

hope that helps.

BB
    Last edited by brightonbelle; 02-24-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brightonbelle View Post

Finally. Changes are being considered to the mobility scheme whereby claimants who get the standard rate may be eligible for a vehicle on the basis they top up the costs.

BB
    I'm really pleased to hear that. How do you think it would work though?

brightonbelle
    dunno! it is only talk at the moment.

From the link you will see that even the minister involved hasn't got a clue. At the moment the mobility award is paid direct to the scheme (as far as I understand it). I guess that the DWP could take the top up amount from the living award? or people set up a direct payment to motability themselves?

or maybe motability get in some cars to the value of the standard allowance. So that will be a reliant robin then. Painted yellow. From Peckham. :-)

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/new...threat-dropped
    Last edited by brightonbelle; 02-24-2017 at 09:02 AM.

I hadn't realised there were two threads on this and had given an explanation here:
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...l=1#post121695

Basically the Gov./DWP don't like the way the court tribunals have interpreted the descriptors, they can't sack the judges so they are changing the descriptors.

Not the first time and probably won't be the last.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Sounds like Trump and his executive orders. He's said that he will write another immigration one as the judges' ruling won't count on a new one. These leaders can move the goalposts as they see fit.