Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Banter, Chit chat and nonsense thread

I got an After Eight egg. Swapped a Lindt orange for a Thorntons as I don't really like Lindt chocolate, and got some mini eggs. My OH cooked the most amazing lamb ragu.

Cannot stay awake today though and I have had virtually no chocolate!

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Heard in passing
    DWP PIP office

CM: "PIP claimants have been saying they have been eating Easter eggs and After 8 mints over the holiday period. This gives me an idea.
    We replace the "pinch & grip" tests with the "chocolate" test. We get the assessor to give the claimant an Easter egg or box of After 8s and ask the claimant to open it and to eat it. If they can, then they are able to do everything which the "grip & pinch" tests covered, and will also cover the "feeding" activity."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve49 View Post
    Heard in passing
    DWP PIP office

CM: "PIP claimants have been saying they have been eating Easter eggs and After 8 mints over the holiday period. This gives me an idea.
    We replace the "pinch & grip" tests with the "chocolate" test. We get the assessor to give the claimant an Easter egg or box of After 8s and ask the claimant to open it and to eat it. If they can, then they are able to do everything which the "grip & pinch" tests covered, and will also cover the "feeding" activity."
    If we also leave them on a table out of reach, this will cover mobility and standing activities as well.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    If we also leave them on a table out of reach, this will cover mobility and standing activities as well.
    CM: Now all we`ve got to cover is washing & bathing; handling money; and planning a journey. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve49 View Post
    CM: Now all we`ve got to cover is washing & bathing; handling money; and planning a journey. Any ideas?
    Well if we ask them to add up the cost of a couple of easter eggs thats the money sorted. If we leave them in another room, next to a radiator so they melt, they would have to plan the journey to get them and then wash after eating the melted chocolate. Sorted , no points.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

General election guys! Let's hope something changes guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    General election guys! Let's hope something changes guys!
    Now that is wishful thinking

QUIZ TIME!!

Q. What have the DWP and the Magic Circle got on common?
    A. Penny Mordaunt!! Yes folks, the Minister for Works & Pensions was a magician`s assistant, whilst she was at 6th form college, for a member of the Magic Circle... (courtesy of Wikipedia with reference).

A. They can both make your money disappear in a flash

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the election thread, but it's definitely traditional election nonsense so;

Here in Cumbria as well as the General Election in June we have a County Council election on May 4th.
    (They should delay the CC election and combine the 2 to save money, it doesn't look like thats going to happen, but that's another story).
    And in Copeland we just had a by-election on Feb 23rd, we're geting election fatigue here.

Anyway, for the June 8 th General Election we have a new candidate registered to stand against Tim Farron MP - A Fish Finger.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/la...04579831639-ds

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/fish-finger-for-mp

There are some brilliantly funny images on twitter, including endorsments for Mr Fish Finger by Donald Trump and other world leaders:
    (I love the slogan on the T-shirt).
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/VoteFishFinger?src=hash

PS.
    I've heard The Greens are putting up Mr Mushy Pea as a candidate, but it's only a rumour.

PPS.
    Unfortunately I'm in Copeland not Westmorland & Lonsdale, so I won't be able to vote Fish Finger.
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-20-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.