Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banter, Chit chat and nonsense thread

Banter, Chit chat and nonsense thread

Morning all
    don.t know if this is a good idea or allowed or if anyone is interested, but how about using this thread for general banter and chit chat. Come here for a general moan or share some good stuff to lift spirits. Come and share your good and bad days.
    just a thought.

Hey bud, there's a section on here for that here: forumdisplay.php/10-News-and-general-discussion

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    Morning all
    don.t know if this is a good idea or allowed or if anyone is interested, but how about using this thread for general banter and chit chat. Come here for a general moan or share some good stuff to lift spirits. Come and share your good and bad days.
    just a thought.
    Well...its not something I would normally watch on TV, but could help myself. Has anyone been watching the benefit giveaway programme?? I sooo wanted the couple trying to set up a tanning business and go back to lorry driving to make a success of it, what a horrible time they have had over the last year or so..

Haven't seen it yet, sounds like it is something I should watch. thanks

I watched it last night
    The 53 year old single parent was in care as a child,and has been on benefits her entire adult life
    She now has a market stall
    Her daughter is getting married,and she went shopping for her mother of the bride outfit
    She spent around £150 on dress,hat shoes,and said she would never have been able to do so before,and she was so proud that it was money she had earned that she could afford the outfit
    Brought a smile to my face

What channel is that programme on? Don't tell me, channel 5?

The Big Benefits Giveaway

I watched the first series of the big benefits giveaway and thought it illustrated that for some people there is a benefits trap. The programme was later discussed on the Wright stuff one morning and compared the idea with the 1980s Enterprise Allowance scheme, the difference being in my opinion that back then you only needed to show you could get £1,000 with inflation over the last 30 years how much would someone realistically need now? £10,000 plus, and who living on benefits long term could even dream of that sort of money. Would you have to show you could get £££, who would you turn to for that?

The obvious solution copy the tv show, show a business plan, prove you've got the knowledge or skills required, and that there's a market for your business, and get approved to receive a chunk of change (advance benefit payment) to start up with.

Waddaya fink?

Sounds easier than applying for PIP

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    Sounds easier than applying for PIP
    Ain't that the truth, I'd take the 26k just to be able to be left in peace and have no more brown envelopes dropping through the door. It wouldn't change my work situation though, if I could work I would, no amount of money could change that sadly

We hear of so many assessors leaving due to the stress of the job. I wonder how many end up with stress and anxiety issues, resulting in a claim for PIP