Thread: Capita recruitment drive in Northern Ireland

Capita recruitment drive in Northern Ireland

So they have been advertising on the radio here all day. Must have heard it six times in around three hours.
    Targeting OTs, PTs and nurses.
    And the starting salary is a whopping £34,000 or £75-£85 per assesment, minimum of 8 a week.
    Now an F1 junior doctor earns around £22,500 in their first year rising to around £30,000 after four years.
    While a band 6 nurse would earn around £34,000 a year, and a very experienced teacher would earn around £33,000.
    I can now see the attraction to these jobs. But why do some sell their soul and lie/fiddle on some assessments, is it a fear of losing these very lucrative jobs.

Smokie perhaps they have a high turnover of staff due to their conscience being pricked .....I hope......Ps I'm in N.Ireland and awaiting tribunal for pip

I'm waiting on the brown envolope, and don't fear it as I have a lot physical problems with medical evidence to back it up.
    Mind, think I might be waiting a bit, as I have been told by someone fairly high up in the dhss, that they will be deliberately targeting those with mental health problems first, as it's easier to bluff and should get the number of claimants down.

Remember that PIP only came to Northern Ireland, for new claims, in June last year.

I think they started doing transfers from DLA in December.

So they are probably recruiting now for when they start doing more transfers from DLA.
    (They say they will have done all DLA transfers in Northern Ireland by December 2018, yeah dream on Capita).
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

I doubt it too nuke, that it will all be transferred by then, at least I hope not, so much misery ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by smokie899 View Post
    I have been told by someone fairly high up in the dhss, that they will be deliberately targeting those with mental health problems first
    Not sure about that, my other half has a physical disability and her initial contact from the DWP re PIP was in December.

They can't be seen to be targeting mental health. So there will be a fair few physical disabilities going for pip in the early days. So I would say that it may 70-30 mental v physical, or more.
    I volunteer in the homeless and mental health sectors so I know a good few who have had the call for pip, and the majority are definitely mental health.

I am from NI also had my pip f2f 13th Feb still waiting Dla and blue badge runs out soon
    mine is for physical not Mental
    Anytime anybody is rude, it makes me double-check my own behaviour to make sure I don't do that to other people.

Good luck Fizzypink x