Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying Again - PIP for Hearing Impaired?

Yes, my husband's aid comes from our local NHS hospital. I've sent them a note and a load of audiology chart print outs as well, and I did notice the audiologist wrote the word "severe" somewhere on there. But he only has a hearing aid on one side. They knew it was via the NHS the first time and still turned him down.

Wishing you good luck Fancynancy still waiting for my appeal will let you know outcome

Thanks, oimum. Will be very interested to hear the outcome. Good luck!

i work, teach and consider my lack of hearing a nuisance primarily rather than a disability, I think i described but didn't tick a box on the form

I said all of this in the assessment, just checked and 8 points of the daily living award was for communicating (being deaf is a minor part of my disabilities)

I stopped wearing hearing aids years ago as no hearing to amplify

Hi fredaNotspam, do you use sign language? Are you profoundly deaf? I'm assuming you are and use BSL to be awarded 8pts. I would never expect to get 8pts as I can hear with aids although lip read to a large extent.