Thread: Any questions

Any questions

Hi all your friendly garden advisor here,

Does anyone have anything they would like to ask? Anything they would like me to review or talk about?

Niki and The Potting shed

What long lasting flowering plant to put in a border that has sun from 11am til dusk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    What long lasting flowering plant to put in a border that has sun from 11am til dusk.
    Morning lighttouch

How about an Erysimum Bowles Mauve. This is long flowering purple flowered, evergreen perennial, so it will come back each year. It is easy to take cuttings from and loves the sun. If you fancy a climber then several Clematis enjoy the sun, for instance ""The President" which is mid season flower or "Jackmanii" which flowers in the late season. If You fancy something that is more of a shrub but may grow big without care you could try a Ceanothus "Concha" which has dark blue flowers on an evergreen shrub. Hope this helps

Niki

My goodness Niki,

That's service with a smile. As my narrow border is between a path and the grass I'll knock out the cimber as there's no trellice.
    This looks interesting as it spreads too - less maintenance http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...%3Disch&itbs=1

I think the shrub would be too big.

Thanks for narrowing my options down - perfect.

Hi Lighttouch, so glad I could point you in the right direction. I love Erysimums, hope you get on with ok

niki