Thread: Has anyone had a Successful PIP Mandortory Reconsideration

Has anyone had a Successful PIP Mandortory Reconsideration

Just want to know how many people have actually had success with there M R?
    As what i been reading they dont give them very often.

Yes, I have had a successful pip Mandatory reconsideration. My advice is to get a copy of the assessor report and then bullet point each part you wish to challenge and explain why it's incorrect and why you do actually meet the descriptors.
    Do not be afraid to make it a long winded letter and challenge every point. I have won two based on my letters.

Yes there are you only hear of the bad stories on forums because people reach out here for help which I may add is a tiny percentage of claimants, nobody tells of success on forums unless they genuinely feel the need to, perhaps you need to read through flymos sticky thread, and take my advice there are very cynical people out there who will probably flock this thread soon, but be positive and look for a positive outcome don't look for refused MR PIP claims on google, just get qualified advice and nail it!

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by cookmysock View Post
    Yes, I have had a successful pip Mandatory reconsideration. My advice is to get a copy of the assessor report and then bullet point each part you wish to challenge and explain why it's incorrect and why you do actually meet the descriptors.
    Do not be afraid to make it a long winded letter and challenge every point. I have won two based on my letters.
    how many points did you start with if any?
    I got 4 for journeys and 2 points engaging with people.
    on back page says functional affecting the mobility activities identified in this report is likely to remain for she ticked 9 months
    then review date 5 years
    next box is it likely that functional restiction identified will be present at review she ticked not applicable (no functional restrictions present)
    then last box the claimant has mental intellectual or cognitive she ticked no
    Rather confused as had pip rejected
    so wrote letter about this sending that tomorrow as send my letter for M R week tomorrow which they have not recieved yet.
    So confusing all of it.
    Just wanted to know success rate for a M R as i mainly just read that people end up at tribunal.

I got 0 for everything! Yet previously I got enhanced you will have to sit tight and hope for the best, not everyone fails

Yes, first time round on transfer from DLA, about 2 years ago, I went for mandatory reconsideration and was successfully upgraded from standard to enhanced on daily living. This time, on renewal, fortunately for me, I didn't need to have it reconsidered as I was awarded enhanced for both daily living and mobility.

Had the bad news last week refused PIP. went from enchanced to 0.
    Had the awful report.
    Sent MR off last week and sending some today about report not fit for purpose.
    I will not be rubberstamped.
    Today woke up feeling positive after feeling suicidal a failure confused all last week, and now the fight is on im not going away im getting my points back i deserve.

Yes, I did. It was after my first claim; they said I only 'needed' standard mobility and standard care. I objected and they upped the mobility to enhanced.

It took another two years and another assessment before I was eventually awarded enhanced care as well.

I dare say, the next time they will probably say I don't need any as I've miraculously recovered.

yes i got enhanced daily living and only 4 points for mobility did mr on the mobility when from 4 to 14 so got enhanced, it took a phone call to dwp and a letter from doctors which was all in the pip forms in the first place, i must point out i was on enhanced on both from 2012/ till 2015 then reviewed took about 8/10 weeks to sort out regards palmer

That was a good result palmer.
    I was on enhanced daily living from 2014 till march this year.
    got 4 daily and 2 mob
    there are mistakes on my assessors report they refused my award but gave me a 5 year review. saying
    The justification for review period choice
    The claimant conditions are long standing and likely to continue to cause the functional restriction identified. Therefore review in 5 years recommended to allow deterioration or improvement.
    I have phoned these people and written an M R.