Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: p i p new regulations

p i p new regulations

So worried sent in my form friday what are the new descriptors re going out which questions do there reflect think ive filled in firm wrong re disstress when out ect regards

Sorry I've no answer as distress when going out isn't one of my issues. But if you sent the form already, there's no point beating yourself up over questions you wish you had answered better! You would be better to take it as it comes, the ball is in the DWP's court at the moment. If you wrote bad answers and you don't get an award, they'll let you know and you can take it further then.

Hi
    I`m a new member of this forum.
    When I filled in my application, I was ignorant of the descriptors and the criteria (what is and what is not covered by PIP). Although in my case, this was not regarding going out, the decision maker sent the decision dismissing the parts which were not covered and scored me according to the descriptors and gave a brief, very brief, reason. I then did a lot of research. I found out what the descriptors were and discovered that decision makers work from a 174 page DWP document, which includes information for them on the criteria and how to use the descriptors.
    I realise that this is cold comfort. I would advise you to wait to hear from DWP and what the decision maker says. Seek advice and get information (I am sure that contributors to this forum will be able to help), gather together as much evidence and support about your condition (doctor`s reports, carer`s letters for example) and ask for your case to be reconsidered (known as Mandatory Reconsideration).
    Good luck and if I can help any futher, please ask

Steve

Account deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve49 View Post
    Hi
    I`m a new member of this forum.
    When I filled in my application, I was ignorant of the descriptors and the criteria (what is and what is not covered by PIP). Although in my case, this was not regarding going out, the decision maker sent the decision dismissing the parts which were not covered and scored me according to the descriptors and gave a brief, very brief, reason. I then did a lot of research. I found out what the descriptors were and discovered that decision makers work from a 174 page DWP document, which includes information for them on the criteria and how to use the descriptors.
    I realise that this is cold comfort. I would advise you to wait to hear from DWP and what the decision maker says. Seek advice and get information (I am sure that contributors to this forum will be able to help), gather together as much evidence and support about your condition (doctor`s reports, carer`s letters for example) and ask for your case to be reconsidered (known as Mandatory Reconsideration).
    Good luck and if I can help any futher, please ask

Steve
    Steve you can get that "document" the DWP use from the Benefits & Work website - it has proper background stuff, and the EXACT guidance they use, that they have managed to obtain, it is so damn useful!!!! Denise, I wouldn't worry as your form is an old form - you applied before the 16th so therefore the new descriptors do not apply to you - they have to go by the form that was sent to you, and the date you made your claim - it states the new regs apply to claims made on or after the 16th March 2017 - you're fine.

Thank you, wellness. The Benefits & Work website does, indeed, provide very useful stuff, which I`m sure claimants can and do use. I found the full document on a government website under PIP Assessment Guide, which others might also find useful.
    Last edited by Steve49; 03-20-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Thanku going out to unfamiliar places i should score ok !! I would not if the new decriptor came in my form was suppose to be into so does still apply to me with the old descriptor regards i got a letter from c b t theraphy explaining why i am getting this therapy so i should be ok then with my form to return it by today its only claims from 16 of this month i must say this is so low what the dwp are doing not right regards x

Just a note of caution - even under the old descriptors many with problems going out unless accompanied only scored 4 points for following journeys which wasn't enough for an award, so there's no guarantee that you'll score more than 4 unless you are completely housebound. I only scored 4 points for planning and following journeys both times I was assessed for PIP, yet only leave the house for hospital appointments and have to be accompanied everywhere due to anxiety and schizophrenia. As I also have physical issues, I did get enough points in total for a mobility award, but would not have done on mental health alone.

Does that mean that not being safe to go out alone is not enough for low rate mobility

Thanku noseynoodle what about muxubg with people how do dwp score on that put evidence in too with c b t thraphy ect regards

Also put un esa report reg 35 cud this help