Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: p i p new regulations

Mixing with other people depends on your own situation. They very often only award points for "needs prompting" if you have to have someone with you unless they are a specially trained person who actually helps you to communicate.

The reg 35 for ESA has no bearing on PIP as they are totally different benefits with different criteria. Reg 35 for ESA only refers to the effects of going out to work, not day to day living.

To be honest I think it all depends on who assesses you - my assessment this time was much more accurate and I have no complaints, despite at the time feeling the assessor was cold and disinterested. The previous time, the assessor came across at the time as concerned and sympathetic, but I ended up having to go to MR as the report was so poorly done and inaccurate.

Account deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denise13 View Post
    Also put un esa report reg 35 cud this help
    Denise they do use ESA decisions to influence PIP - if you go on the Benefits & Work website, there's a section within the guidance that says they almost always use the decision made from an ESA decision to support a PIP one, and they are allowed to, there's no regs stopping them from doing it, as the 2 are very similar, in terms of descriptors - but not the same. Noiseynoodle is right that with the moving around section, usually it's a combination of mental health AND physical that help get you a mobility award, however, many ppl with Autistic Spectrum Disorder/Asperger's Chronic migraines, Bi-Polar, and several other mental health problems have sailed right through to go on and be awarded Higher Rate Mobility, much less Lower. It's all through this forum, it has been done, and can happen. You'll be fine whatever happens, even if it's the worst, we pick ourselves up and continue the fight

Account deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    Just a note of caution - even under the old descriptors many with problems going out unless accompanied only scored 4 points for following journeys which wasn't enough for an award, so there's no guarantee that you'll score more than 4 unless you are completely housebound. I only scored 4 points for planning and following journeys both times I was assessed for PIP, yet only leave the house for hospital appointments and have to be accompanied everywhere due to anxiety and schizophrenia. As I also have physical issues, I did get enough points in total for a mobility award, but would not have done on mental health alone.
    This is true, thanks for that - I still think you should have scored higher, and easily got HRM just based on your Anxiety & Schizophrenia alone, as I have a cousin that suffers with both, and if your symptoms are anything like his, you can't venture out alone without support, or it becomes too overwhelming for you - the two illnesses combined are a strong cocktail for distress, so in my personal opinion you should have got HRM with your eyes shut... x
    Last edited by Wellness; 03-21-2017 at 09:34 AM.

I thought so too and was shocked the first time when both physical and mental only got me standard rate (4 points for each) but they didn't change it at MR. This time, my physical problems have worsened (need a knee replacement now), and I got enhanced, but still only 4 points for planning and following. It seems until the upper tribunal judgment it all depended on your DM as they were reading guidance differently from each other, but of course after that ruling they're changing the descriptors to close that loophole down. It does seem unfair as under the old DLA rules anyone who needed to be accompanied for reasons of mental problems automatically got the lower rate of mobility.

All this is confussing me i will sot tight and see what happens i cannot change anything now its in the hands of experience professional people who will assess me !!!!!! Happy days ! But thanku for all your input dont know why we get stressed re theses forms but we never read the good stories does anyone have any good stories re p i p i would love some input like i am sure other people will too goodluck people x

Account deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denise13 View Post
    All this is confussing me i will sot tight and see what happens i cannot change anything now its in the hands of experience professional people who will assess me !!!!!! Happy days ! But thanku for all your input dont know why we get stressed re theses forms but we never read the good stories does anyone have any good stories re p i p i would love some input like i am sure other people will too goodluck people x
    There are loads of positive results - you only have to look through this forum, or type it into the search bar x