Thread: PIP PA4 arrived thoughts please

Question PIP PA4 arrived thoughts please

my PIP PA4 turned up. apart from telling a porky about my arm which others have also found out with these assessors everything else looks favorable, not building my hopes up until the brown letter turns up.

i know for def i won't get enhanced mobility but from the sounds looks like an award of standard which for pip is better than nothing.

as for the care side it is hard to tell which way it will go, enhanced or standard.

anyone know what the 'for office use only' is used for? seems there is something typed up on it.

in between still got the major issue of how i was left from the assessment to sort out.

sorry still not well here so will come back in due course.

It is difficult to second guess the DM, they only use the report as a guide to make their decision. I sincerly hope you get the award that you deserve and that your recovery is swift.

brightonbelle
    "anyone know what the 'for office use only' is used for? seems there is something typed up on it"

p25 of the pa4 for office use only is for the name and professional status, of the assessor and the date, and for recording harmful information (don't panic!). Sometimes its only for the recording of harmful information, and there is a final page 26 which has the assesors details on it.

Any harmful information obtained from the WCA is entered onto the computer. Office use only means that only some of the employees of the health care provider can access it (on a strictly need to know basis). No DWP employee has access. It is also withheld from the claimant. This is why this page is often blank, or it just the assessors details on it.

If there is a readable entry its going to be "I can confirm that there is no harmful information in this report". So nobody panic.

Very rarely sources of evidence supplied to the DWP healthcare provider may contain information that may be harmful if disclosed. This may be something like a poorer prognosis unknown to the claimant, or a diagnosis. Patients are entitled to know their diagnosis/prognosis, and for the majority of us we know everything, warts and all. But in some rare cases a person lacks capacity to understand a diagnosis or/and prognosis. If your reading this, and using this forum...its highly likely that you don't lack capacity to the level involved (severe dementia, severe cognitive deficit etc) It may also be used where a patient has expressed in their medical records a preference to not be told certain things.

This page is also used on even rarer cases where the assessor identifies something of concern at the face to face consultation. For example, a person presents with physical problems, but the assessor concludes they are clinically depressed. Under the duty of care they may have an obligation to make the persons GP aware of their findings in order to ensure the claimant has access to being formally diagnosed and treated. Medical professionals are duty bound to share confidential information in the best interests of the patient.

It is not that they have found something potentially harmful! it is simply because they may have found something which they are not in a position to identify or diagnose to the claimant. It may be something quite simple and fairly innocent (signs of a squint, short or long sight) but something that needs to be looked at.

There ya go!

BB
    Last edited by brightonbelle; 03-20-2017 at 04:19 PM.

many thanks for providing the information.

just noticed something where it asks how long before a review would be needed and states 'no further reviews required due to condition be long term'