Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mandatory reconsideration notice failed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    So sorry that you are going through this worry and with a child to look after too I can understand how desperate you feel Natty. I am not knowledgable in these procedures I'm new to all this my self and am going down the appeal route at the moment. I'm sure someone will give you sound advice on here, do you have family who could help you short term while you sort out what to do? Don't be ashamed of going to the food bank it's there to help people who are in these situations. Go to citizens advice and keep checking back here, someone will advise you
    I do feel ashamed to be in this position right now, and trying to put a brave face on is tiring. I will contact CAB thanks

As others have already said you need to get urgent help from CAB or a similar organisation close to you.

As you have a child the Council Welfare Team may be a better option.
    (And just in case you are worried about it they don't take kids away from you anymore just because you are struggling a bit - they help you manage at home).

Nobody likes to admit they need help but you have to swallow your pride, for your childs sake if not your own.

Only 11% (1 in 10) of MR's are sucessful.
    So you appeal to the tribunal.
    65% (2 out of 3) tribunal appeals are sucessful.

So results s show that you have a much better chance of the appeal doing the right thing.

So the best advice is- go get help, don't put it off do it tomorrow.

They will help you immediately with food etc. and will give ongoing help with making an appeal.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Don't be ashamed Natty232... As you have probably gathered by now loads of people lose the f2f interview (I did myself) and the mandatory reconsideration (yes happened to me too)

Although I wasn't in the same boat as you moneywise, I still needed help.. I went to the CAB first off, they were absolutely brilliant, they are there to help and will do your appeal letter for you and also point you in the right direction for food banks and how to get help with your gas and electricity. It doesn't matter who your gas and electric provider is , they will help you.. Also go to your local council office and tell them you are on zero income, they are used to this now and your rent will still get paid..

Like nukecad said, don't put it off, do it today. You are not on your own, the help is out there so please take it..

Sparky