Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mandatory reconsideration notice failed!

Unhappy Mandatory reconsideration notice failed!

Hi all

Im looking for advise as I'm unsure of what to to next. I'll try to keep it as short as i can. I was on ESA for severe depression and moderately severe anxiety but failed the medical, one of the points that went against me was that I looked clean and well kempt. I asked for a MR but have received the letter today that they are upholding their original decision.

I have no idea what to do next, im very scared the past few weeks have been a nightmare. I was unable to claim JSA as i was not able to go to the Jobcentre so have been living off loans from family members who know about my condition. I have about 2 days worth of food left and have no idea what im going to do when the electric and gas run out. I do not know what to do for the best. should i take this to tribunal or try again with JSA, Im scared and worried and feel totally lost!

Nuke could inform you of the next steps as he's very clued up about these matters, as for your gas and electricity phone them explain the difficulties your having and come to an arrangement they won't cut you off, try not to worry it's finding the right help that you need, speak to your local welfare rights for help

Firstly, breathe. My brother asked for an MR, as did I and they are refusing to give him one before he fills out another ESA50. You are not alone.

Did you get a Mandatory Reconsideration Notice?

If so you should have 2 copies, one of which is to be sent to the Tribunal.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

I'm on a prepayment meter for the energy, im unsure that OVO would be able to help, I think i may have to go to a food bank for the first time ever, as things are so desperate how would i access such help? would it be through my childs school? would that then open the door to a visit from social services, if they question my ability to provide meals along with the depression and anxiety, would that lead to questions about my mental health?

yes i received the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice this morning in the post.
    Should i go ahead with taking it to the tribunal if the MR has failed? The thought of having to do this is freaking me out!
    How long is the process?
    would i be eligible to claim anything else in the meantime?
    there are about 100 questions flying about in my head right now, i apologise if it sounds like rambling

There's also options such as crisis loans which you can get from the job centre. Or there's other help from local churches . You don't have to be a congregation member to get help; they will help anyone in need.

Quote Originally Posted by natty232 View Post
    yes i received the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice this morning in the post.
    Should i go ahead with taking it to the tribunal if the MR has failed? The thought of having to do this is freaking me out!
    How long is the process?
    would i be eligible to claim anything else in the meantime?
    there are about 100 questions flying about in my head right now, i apologise if it sounds like rambling
    I believe that once you have sent off for your appeal and it has been accepted, you ask DWP to put you back on the assessment rate of ESA. Tribunals take many weeks even months to be heard so you should get some payments in the meantime.
    Someone will be along later no doubt who has more knowledge, but in the meantime take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forums page. Its very informative and talks you through the process. Best of luck, you are not alone!

You need to get some help.

Have you a CAB near you that you can access?

They will be able to help you with the appeal for your ESA, advise you on what you can claim, refer you for a food parcel and get some help regarding the gas and electric.

Are you not receiving Child Benefit and Child tax credits? Are you a single parent? Do you rent? Sorry, just like you, so many questions?

Go and get some help.

So sorry that you are going through this worry and with a child to look after too I can understand how desperate you feel Natty. I am not knowledgable in these procedures I'm new to all this my self and am going down the appeal route at the moment. I'm sure someone will give you sound advice on here, do you have family who could help you short term while you sort out what to do? Don't be ashamed of going to the food bank it's there to help people who are in these situations. Go to citizens advice and keep checking back here, someone will advise you

Quote Originally Posted by pmlindyloo View Post
    You need to get some help.

Have you a CAB near you that you can access?

They will be able to help you with the appeal for your ESA, advise you on what you can claim, refer you for a food parcel and get some help regarding the gas and electric.

Are you not receiving Child Benefit and Child tax credits? Are you a single parent? Do you rent? Sorry, just like you, so many questions?

Go and get some help.

There is a CAB in the City Centre, its about 11/2 walk away from me ( i have £5.06 to my name at present) so wouldn't be able to afford the bus fare there. I may have to go there when i drop my daughter off to school in the morning

I receive CB and CTC, over the past few weeks this has been covering the £30PW for gas and electric,food i have been loaning money from family to cover the basics, but feel reluctant to ask for amy more as i do not have the funds to pay them back. I was self employed before this bout of illness,
    yes i am a single parent
    yes i do rent, i have informed the council about my present income level and am awaiting their response
    I have not been in such a desperate position before so was unsure of where to go for help