Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: New SIM only contract bargain

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    210
    I thought I would come back to this thread and update my statement above because 1p mobile have since changed their Terms & Conditions for the better since I posted.

    The change, you no longer lose your credit or get charged a monthly fee if you use the standard PAYG.

    You do need to buy credit of a minimum of £10 at least once every 4 Months but as long as you do that any credit left over from previous top-up just accumulate.

    Still not ideal for very low user but much better than before.

    https://www.1pmobile.com/terms-and-conditions.taf

  2. #12
    Senior Member Lighttouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    I thought I would come back to this thread and update my statement above because 1p mobile have since changed their Terms & Conditions for the better since I posted.

    The change, you no longer lose your credit or get charged a monthly fee if you use the standard PAYG.

    You do need to buy credit of a minimum of £10 at least once every 4 Months but as long as you do that any credit left over from previous top-up just accumulate.

    Still not ideal for very low user but much better than before.

    https://www.1pmobile.com/terms-and-conditions.taf
    So the basic cost isa £30 a year plus 1p per minute to chat, per text or 1p per Mb of data used on the 3G network.
    Sounds good.

    Here are other SIM only deals https://www.unshackled.com/sims

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    464
    Can only get 2G here..............and vodafone.........no other networks

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    Can only get 2G here..............and vodafone.........no other networks
    Have you tried wifi call, my mobile signal is BAD at home with all suppliers so I have EE and my mobile connects to my broadband, it's as good as landline and I no longer use my home phone for calls, I think o2 now also do wifi call.

  5. #15
    Senior Member TheFlyingKidney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    313
    I've recently gone over to Giffgaff, PAYG, piggyback on 02. Vodaphone were just getting ridiculous for Payg customers.

    I can spend 5 pounds or more if I want without contract as long as I add some credit every 3 months.

    Check out offers here:

    https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/flyingkidney

    Free calls and texts between giffgaff curtomers..

    I don't use the mobile a huge amount but for low data and call users I'd recommend it.
    Last edited by TheFlyingKidney; 08-14-2017 at 04:51 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member gus607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingKidney View Post
    I've recently gone over to Giffgaff, PAYG, piggyback on 02. Vodaphone were just getting ridiculous for Payg customers.

    I can spend 5 pounds or more if I want without contract as long as I add some credit every 3 months.

    Check out offers here:

    https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/flyingkidney

    Free calls and texts between giffgaff curtomers..

    I don't use the mobile a huge amount but for low data and call users I'd recommend it.
    That is a good deal.
    On my High Street last week I saw a Virgin Media caravan & one advert was for Sim only, 2gb data, 2500 mins & unlimited texts, seemed too good to be true which usually means that. Double checked with the rep & yes it's true he said.
    Never give my bank details to strangers in the High St even wearing VM uniform I went home & gave VM a call. Spoke with 3 different advisors (Phillipean call center) all giving a different price. Eventually threatened to publicise their sharp misleading sales tactics I eventually signed up as quoted in the offer !
    2gb data, 2500 mins & unlimited texts,4g @ £5 per month on a 12 month contract, this works out cheaper than my present Three payg.
    Call me Mike.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Lighttouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    I eventually signed up as quoted in the offer ! 2gb data, 2500 mins & unlimited texts,4g @ £5 per month on a 12 month contract, this works out cheaper than my present Three payg.
    That's the same deal I was offered by Virginmediaonly on a 30 day rolling programme. This SIM only tariff of just £5 a month on 4G is a bargain and only on offer if you happen to subscribe to their super fast broadband/TV and landline.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,666
    Since coming out of contract earlier this year I've gone PAYG with ASDA, who piggy-back on EE, this was only going to be a stopgap but it's so flexible with it's 30 day bundles I've stuck with it and it's top up by card - so no st order in the bank account.

    https://mobile.asda.com/welcome

    Plenty of deals here too.

    https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/comp...PqeBoCtW_w_wcB

Similar Threads

  1. Bargain Hunt
    By beau in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-28-2016, 09:05 AM
  2. New boot mobility scooter with good weight limit - bargain?
    By Caley in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 08:54 AM
  3. what happens to wavs after the end of the contract?
    By wheels497 in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:50 PM
  4. High Depreciation = Used Bargain
    By Paul in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 09:27 PM
  5. electric recliner Bargain !
    By Ray 2 in forum Ask a question about equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •