Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP reassessment, worried?

PIP reassessment, worried?

Hi

I have been on PIP for 3 years now both on the higher rates due to my MS and other issues.

2 weeks ago I received notification that I was being reassessed 1 year early. Is this normal? I sent the forms back and they advised today that no medical is required and it will take up to 3 weeks for a decision. Does that mean someone in DWP is making the decision and not a healthcare provider?

I hate dealing with DWP just stresses me. Anyone else been through reassessment?

Thanks

Hello fjmu

Unfortunately it is normal to be reassessed for PIP one year before your PIP is due to end.

However it seems that you do not have to go for a PIP assessment as they are making a paper based decision on your claim. This means the DWP will now be making its decision on your claim as the assessors have passed your file back to the DWP.

Virtually all of us hate this reassessment process and even those who don't suffer from mental health problems or anxiety find this a highly stressful time.

A lot of us on here have been through the DLA to PIP migration programme, some receiving better decisions than others.

I do hope you hear a favourable decision very soon, please come back and tell us all how you got on.

Good luck

Thank you. Its appreciated

Got the same award again for both. An extra worry gone. Oddly it does not mention a review date for either. Anyway happy

hi does it no say on going award made on your paper work, which would be ten years, but can like all claims be looked at any time regards palmer

Yeah sorry on going. Thanks for the info.

hi well you can not get any better than that ten years regards palmer

Agreed. I would recommend anyone going through this to send medical letters. I sent 10. I did SARS and my GP surgery sent me tons of information. Well worth £10.

Hello fmju. Can you tell me what sars is please.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie899 View Post
    Hello fmju. Can you tell me what sars is please.
    Subject access request