Thread: Dwp

Dwp

Im just wondering, I have been trying to speak to the DLA about something , I have phone numerous times over the last 3 weeks calling @ 8 in the morning and throughout the day and you get no answer the phone rings and rings occasionaly you hear people speaking in the background.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    Im just wondering, I have been trying to speak to the DLA about something , I have phone numerous times over the last 3 weeks calling @ 8 in the morning and throughout the day and you get no answer the phone rings and rings occasionaly you hear people speaking in the background.
    Thoughts?

If it rings and rings meaning no one picks up how do you hear people speaking in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by bspm View Post
    If it rings and rings meaning no one picks up how do you hear people speaking in the background?
    You normally have the stupid music then occassionly the4 music will stop and you hear voices it background

Sorry was not the DLA that was meant to say DWP my mistake

Do you ever get to the numbers selection bit? Whenever I've rang em' the line bearly rings before the 'press number 1 for xyz' kicks in, so it sounds like you may not be calling the main number.

If not it could be cleaning staff or a security officer who answers the phone just to stop it ringing!

Well I ring the number in theletter and the one it tells you to call 0345 6088545, but looking on other sites it advises not to call on Monday, but this happens Mon Tue Wed Thurs and Fri, grrrrrrrrrr @ them

As Archersmate says you should get the automated Press option # thing, and then ages of Vivalda Four Seasons before it connects to the phone jockeys.

Are you sure you are dialing the right number?
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Your quite correct the number is right, first you could try using another phone just to check it's not your own phone just like changing the batteries in a remote control before you replace the telly, but it does sound like 'a problem with the exchange' that should be reported, Tell the operator that you've been calling a national call centre with an automatic answering system, but that line only rings out, they will offer to connect you, don't allow them to as you'll be charged for this. Ask them to check the number. They won't want to but tell them it's a important that you have access to this number.

The only other thing I can think of is, could it be connected to your telephone line supplier? I haven't seen this issue from anyone else on here, but with so many different firms supplying telephonic services now you might be with someone who's not used by others here.

I called them this very day on 0345 6088545 which is the number you rang, StueyR, and I got through and spoke to a very nice phone monkey. Maybe it has to do with where you're phoning from? I moved a few years ago and the office I dealt with changes then - maybe you're meant to phone a different number? Just a thought.