Thread: PIP Assessment Waiting Times

PIP Assessment Waiting Times

Does anyone know how long the current waiting time for PIP assessments after returning the PIP form in N E Derbyshire is? Can't make out which company it will be either. I think I may have to go into S Yorkshire for the assessment.
    Only asking because we have holidays booked, will the fact we are going away go against me? Do I put the unavailable dates on the form in the hope they take some notice or will that lead them to deliberately sending for you during that time. Also how much notice should you get? Are you only allowed to cancel once?

Panic mode has set in.

Hi Beau
    Interested in your replies, as much the same thing here, going away on holiday soon, awaiting an assessment appointment.
    How long ago did you return your form?

This will be my first ever claim for anything, so a completely fresh claim.
    I am getting so upset waiting that it is going to spoil my holiday not only for myself but for my family, I'm so down in the dumps
    It is totally unfair how long they make people wait.

I sent my form back over 5 weeks ago now.
    Not sure how long it will be.
    Not heard a thing. I presume they got it or I would have received a letter saying the claim is closed.

I have not returned my form yet, will be doing that before the end of next week hopefully after I have got them checked.
    I do know waiting times vary from area to area and it is often how long is a piece of string. That is why I asked about a specific area. We go away on a regular basis and have 3 holidays booked, one too early to be affected as it is the 1st week in April I think. The others are the 1st 2 weeks in May and the 1st 2 weeks in July so my assessment appointment, with my luck, will come the first day we are away to be attended before we get back.
    You could ring and ask them for a time scale I suppose

i sent my forms back and they signed for them on the 20th feb then i got a text to say they recieved my forms and that was on the 27th feb
    i did ring them last week and was told it was with the health ppl
    i do know its Atos cause i asked dwp and asked for the phone number for them then i rang Atos and they said they had it and looking at it
    so still none the wiser sigh
    i hate this waiting makes u feel ill
    goodluck to you guys x

peps4, is ATOS for NE Derbyshire then.
    I never give my mobile number but it is appearing to be prudent to do so if you are texted with information so it wouldn't matter if you are not at home.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Does anyone know how long the current waiting time for PIP assessments after returning the PIP form in N E Derbyshire is? Can't make out which company it will be either. I think I may have to go into S Yorkshire for the assessment.
    Only asking because we have holidays booked, will the fact we are going away go against me? Do I put the unavailable dates on the form in the hope they take some notice or will that lead them to deliberately sending for you during that time. Also how much notice should you get? Are you only allowed to cancel once?

Panic mode has set in.
    Hi Beau
    Unfortunately, the waiting time varies from place to place according to backlog. I see that you mentioned a specific area, but regretably, as an MP discovered in answer to a written question, the DWP do not have information on waiting times for specific areas.
    As to cancelling and/or rescheduling an appointment for assessment, as I understand it (from a claimant who enquired about this), this can only be done once.
    Maybe it would not do any harm to put unavailable dates on the form and then phone the assessment company to ask whether this is acceptable and, should you need to, whether you can reschedule the appointment more than once.

Have changed my main contact number this morning to my mobile number. I am seeing an adviser on Thursday and will ask them about unavailable dates, whether or not to put them on the form.
    As far as you know, are you informed as to which company is doing the f to f? If you are then I will contact them. We certainly don't want to put our life on hold and lose the holiday money we have paid out. Scrimped and saved all our lives so we are able to have some enjoyment in our later years.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Have changed my main contact number this morning to my mobile number. I am seeing an adviser on Thursday and will ask them about unavailable dates, whether or not to put them on the form.
    As far as you know, are you informed as to which company is doing the f to f? If you are then I will contact them. We certainly don't want to put our life on hold and lose the holiday money we have paid out. Scrimped and saved all our lives so we are able to have some enjoyment in our later years.
    The companies who do the assessments are Capita and Atos. Which one will do yours depends on where you live. It would seem that the company who will do yours is Atos, who will write to you and advise you of the date and location for your assessment.
    If you want to contact them, you should be able to find this information on the Benefits & Work or Citizens Advice or on Atos websites.
    Good luck and hopefully you will have a date for your assessment which you dont have to change, and you have an enjoyable holiday.
    Last edited by Steve49; 03-21-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Thank you Steve, think we are just over the border as far as I can make out for Capita, that is why I asked. Does it really matter? They are all tarred with the same brush.