Thread: ESA tribunal notice help

ESA tribunal notice help

Hi everyone this is my first post but been a long reader of these forums.

I went to appeal with regards to my Esa migration from IB, I was placed in WRAG but didn't agree with decision so appealed, so this is where I'm confused.

I received a decision notice saying schedule 2 was awarded 1a (15pts)

Appellant has limited capability for work with the work related activity part crossed out.

No schedule 3 awarded or Reg 29 or 35.

So I just left it at that, 7 days later I receive a correction notice with the only difference to the first notice being that schedule 3 descriptor 1a was awarded.

But still with the appellant has limited capability for work with the work related activity part crossed out. I hence to add that the correction decision was a photo copy of original decision but with schedule 3 descriptors awarded.

This has me confused I'm I still in WRAG or support group, I have heard nothing from DWP in the weeksince I've received corrected decision and have been paid my normal WRAG rate yesterday.

Any help or information with regards on what this means and next steps i may have to take would be greatly appreciated

Hi Glennjd i would just give them a ring and ask what group you have been placed in at least you would get your answer then good luck ;-)

Yeah, it makes no sense. Why they cannot just say. There are one or two that will know the answer & will hopefully post, but do give them a call.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Thanks guys for your replys. I haven't rang them yet as I hate phoning anywhere official, if anyone can verify what I've read elsewhere is that if I'm awarded a schedule 3 descriptor I'm automatically placed in support group.

Any help or more advice would be great. Thanks

I believe that does mean just that, but not 100% sure. This is from one of our fav websites that has detailed information & such things. Hope this helps.

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/emp...up-descriptors
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Hi guys, just a quick update.

I rang DWP twice and never recieved a call back, then out of the blue I received notification that my arrears of £400 was being paid into my account no explanation nothing.

So now I assume I'm in Support group but the figures I arrived to are completely different to theres. I've been getting WRAG rate so I know the difference to support group is only £5.60, but shouldn't I also get backdated enhanced disability premium at couple rate £20ish, and this goes back to August when my claim was submitted.

Any advice would be great.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by glennJD View Post
    Hi guys, just a quick update.

I rang DWP twice and never recieved a call back, then out of the blue I received notification that my arrears of £400 was being paid into my account no explanation nothing.

So now I assume I'm in Support group but the figures I arrived to are completely different to theres. I've been getting WRAG rate so I know the difference to support group is only £5.60, but shouldn't I also get backdated enhanced disability premium at couple rate £20ish, and this goes back to August when my claim was submitted.

Any advice would be great.
    you might not get support group rate for 1st 13 weeks of claim ... someone might know for sure but that 1st 13 weeks often puts peoples sums out

I would trying ringing again. It sounds right what is being said, but as you have not been told this you want to know.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen