Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: new motability car

did they charge you a fee of 250 to change vehicle? thats what they are saying to me i will have to pay to do that

Quote Originally Posted by istanbul View Post
    just done another refill to brim after doing 90 miles round town . put 30 back into car on that rate now found out the cars doing approx 19 miles to gallon !!!!!
    I attended a Police Advance Driving course many years ago and I remember an elderly woman on this course claimed she could only get 20 odd miles per gallon from her VW Beetle. On further questioning we found she had three concrete paving slabs under the bonnet to 'stabalise' the car!!!

Now there isn't anything in the boot is there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by istanbul View Post
    just done another refill to brim after doing 90 miles round town . put 30 back into car on that rate now found out the cars doing approx 19 miles to gallon !!!!!
    What sort of town driving?
    From cold?
    In traffic and jams?
    Lots of traffic lights?

Maybe thats what that car does with a small engine around town.

However, if that is not what is being found on the Vauxhall forums, then i would contact Vauxhall direct and give them the info. If the delaership can't or wont help you, see what the manufacturer themselves think

no point going back to dealers as they said unless some thing shows on dashboard the car is ok so will contact motability getting peed off with ihe car now. its way too expensive to run . i cant be more gentler on pedals if i tried as it needs more power to move. lol

Talk to Vauxhall motors direct, explain the MPG you are getting and see what they say.
    Don't forget, majority of delaers and are franchises, so have no real tie to Vauxhall. they can only get paid for warranty work.

Speak on tuesday direct with vauxhall:- 0800 731 5267 between 8am and 5pm Mon-Fri, bank holidays exluded.

Or email, though a phone call would be better on motability.customer@vauxhall.co.uk

I find the results from Which? impressive but not what you'd get in the real world.

We test fuel economy under strict lab conditions - using realistic test cycles - to reveal the facts behind the figures. Unlike the official mpg test, we measure economy with both a hot and cold engine, and on the motorway.
    As an engineer I can appreciate the need for strict lab conditions for making accurate comparisons between cars, but the official EU mpg cycle does the same.

I can believe that they beat BMW's own mpg figures I did with my Qashqai, but I couldn't drive like that all the time (at a constant 56mph).

YOUR car's mpg is down to YOUR driving style and the roads that YOU drive on, no test can accurately be created to represent this - it will be different for everyone.

Auto Express has led the charge for the EU mpg cycle to be scrapped in favour of a test that more accurately reflects what motorists might achieve day-to-day.
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...ts_on_way.html

The car manufacturer's and the EU are playing a game of who can achieve the lowest emissions figures but they don't reflect what happens in the real world.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 28,900 miles; avg 37.9mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Really to get anywhere near a reliable indication of your mpg you should try and work it out using a 'full' tanks worth of fuel. Trying to measure the odd 30s worth is a bit like jumping on the weighing scales every day, you may see a difference in readings but it doesn't actually mean anything.
    Oddly enough the combined urban figure quoted for my Astra sri 1.6 petrol is near enough exactly what my car achieves & I guess nearest to my circumstances & driving style.

well latest news is motability have forced vauxhall to look at my car tomorrow and check it out. manager of vauxhall dealer wasnt happy . he has told motability that the car has only got a small engine so not to expect 30+mpg . he also still saying that the car has no faults because it would show up on dashboard. but will wait and see what happens. motability have asked me to do a fill to brim test again after vauxhall have looked at it , then to ring them back up with my mpg after doing approx 100 miles. they have said if still no change it will be classed as a mechanical fault and consider cancelling agreement.

That's good news. I'm glad Motability are on your side.

I can't believe that Vauxhall truely believe that all faults will show up on the dashboard! How naive are they?
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 28,900 miles; avg 37.9mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs