Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moderation in overdrive?

You have to remember that a disability forum like this where anyone can join and make comments is going to be a big target for 'disability bashing' and 'benefit bashing' trolls.

That will be why the automatic moderation filters are set so high, so you don't have to see any of this crap.

There was recently a thread on here that give a link to a BBC story about mobility cars being returned.
    The benefit basher comments made about that story on the BBC website shows what narrow minded little jerks some of them can be.

By having a firly strict moderation police these nasty comments don't appear here, any that do get through get taken down fast.

Yes it means that genuine posts get caught up, but it's the price we pay for the moderation keeping the trolls away.

I'd rather have some of my posts moderated than have to read some of the comments the trolls make.

Admittedly though it would be better if they recruited a team of mods who worked from home, and not just during office hours.

How big a problem is spamming and trolling?
    Just look at the statistics on the forum home page for the automatic moderation tool-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	1802

Then compare that to the fact that there are currently 18,097 registered members.
    So over 8 times more spammers have tried to register than genuine members.
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-14-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

I can see that my comments were, perhaps, but not intended to be, a little bit selfish, for which I apologise.
    Having read nukecad`s post, I agree with the comments made about moderation of the fourm

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Yes it means that genuine posts get caught up, but it's the price we pay for the moderation keeping the trolls away.
    I'd rather have some of my posts moderated than have to read some of the comments the trolls make.

my post saying this from a few days ago still hasn'tn appeared and so I'll try again.

A lot of those 'spammers stopped from registering' will be people like me who had to try, i forget but getting on for a dozen times, before finding a user name that it woudl allow. That means I count as 12 spammers! Hence my user name as I'd run out of ideas by then

Quote Originally Posted by fredaNotSpam View Post
    my post saying this from a few days ago still hasn'tn appeared and so I'll try again.

A lot of those 'spammers stopped from registering' will be people like me who had to try, i forget but getting on for a dozen times, before finding a user name that it woudl allow. That means I count as 12 spammers! Hence my user name as I'd run out of ideas by then
    I wonder if I'm in those blocked spammer stats too? This my second attempt at registering for this site, I also tried the day before with a different user name and email address, username was accepted and I had the message on screen to say a registration email would be sent but it never arrived.