Thread: Price increase shock

Price increase shock

hi,hope someone can advise i chose my first mobility car 2 weeks ago ,today got my info of my contract ,pin ect,and was alarmedto see it was for total allowance when the price i was told was lower ,not at all happy about this . do i have to pay extra does not seem fair at all feel like cancelling :

Quote Originally Posted by furandfeather View Post
    hi,hope someone can advise i chose my first mobility car 2 weeks ago ,today got my info of my contract ,pin ect,and was alarmedto see it was for total allowance when the price i was told was lower ,not at all happy about this . do i have to pay extra does not seem fair at all feel like cancelling :
    Hello and welcome,

first don't panic, have a look here http://www.motabilityonline.co.uk/ca...FormSubmit.htm find the car you ordered and the advanced payment and weekly rental should be there for you to see, if the price differs from what you thought talk to your dealer and Motability, I sure all will be OK, any more help please ask,

T.

Did you haggle the price with the dealer?

If so, then the Motability paperwork is correct as they don't know about your "deal" - the dealer will pay the difference.

If you didn't haggle, where did you get your original AP from?
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

hi, thanks for your reply ,the price we had to pay was taken from the current price list,which i also looked up on there website to confirm , no haggling i will call them tomorrow to see where i stand .

Which car and what spec did you think you were ordering?

hi,the meriva exclusive, chose the colour ect .nil deposit ,54.00 week thats what it said in there book and on there website talk about moving the goal post ,i think i will keep my old car its disgraceful to lead people on
    Last edited by furandfeather; 04-26-2012 at 09:12 PM.

The Car search shows that the current price for someone with War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement is £54.91 per week.
    The price for Higher Rate Mobility Component of the DLA is Total Allowance. Perhaps you got the two mixed up?

Yep Peter is correct, I mistook your first post to be about the AP, sorry.

The Price for DLA claimants is £Total Allowance
    and War Pensioners is £54.91

When you ordered the vehicle you would have had to prove either having DLA or War Pensioners, so it might just be a mix up by the dealers.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by furandfeather View Post
    hi,the meriva exclusive, chose the colour ect .nil deposit ,54.00 week thats what it said in there book and on there website talk about moving the goal post ,i think i will keep my old car its disgraceful to lead people on
    I think this must have been the WPMS rate as DLA has only just gone up to £54.05

Quote Originally Posted by paul1234 View Post
    I think this must have been the WPMS rate as DLA has only just gone up to £54.05
    I have to agree with Paul, Looks like the list you were using was the War Pensioners list not the Higher rate motability compnent list.