Thread: a hrm question re leavuing motability

a hrm question re leavuing motability

Hi

dont know if im in the right section, but to cut a long story short i have decided not to take out a new car contract with motability, do i now contact the DWP to tell them this for them to start paying into my bank or will it just automatically do that?

i'm not taking out a new contract due to the frear of not getting pip so i think this maybe a good time to cut my ties with motability.

im guessing if i need to contact the dwp it will probably trigger a review.

many thanks and sorrty if im in the wrong section

Write to them keep a copy of the letter and send it special or recorded delivery . Check when your letter arrived give them a day or 2 then phone them and ask if your payments to Motability have now been stopped and will be paid to you in the future . Make certain you have your special/recorded delivery tracking number to hand

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by hemiman View Post
    Hi

dont know if im in the right section, but to cut a long story short i have decided not to take out a new car contract with motability, do i now contact the DWP to tell them this for them to start paying into my bank or will it just automatically do that?

i'm not taking out a new contract due to the frear of not getting pip so i think this maybe a good time to cut my ties with motability.

im guessing if i need to contact the dwp it will probably trigger a review.

many thanks and sorrty if im in the wrong section
    not having another car wont cause a review in the past 17 years i had car did not renew then took car more than once payments always started again no problem

many thanks for your replies, i've found an email address i think i might send them an email. I'm still in a total quandry as to wethwer to take a new car or not, but i need to decide quick.

many thanks again

Don't send anything to the DWP.

Just give Motability a call and let them know.

On your 3 year anniversary (of having the car) return it to the dealer and that's it.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I dont really understand this situation with PIP.
    OK, so if we don't get PIP then the car is removed and the payment will revert back to your bank account. THEN you can look for a car, depending on what the payment will be for the lower rate.
    But to deney ypuirself a car, with comprehensive isnsurance, RAC cover, tyre replacement and windscreen replacement, plus all servicing before you need to seems a little strange.

Motability have already confirmed to me that, say, you paid out 3,000 AP, if you lose the car after two years, the residual AP (3,000 / 36 months) will be paid back to you when the car is removed.

To go and get a car, then find insurance, then pay for servicing, and all other costs early seems a bit of an own goal to me???

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    I dont really understand this situation with PIP.
    OK, so if we don't get PIP then the car is removed and the payment will revert back to your bank account. THEN you can look for a car, depending on what the payment will be for the lower rate.
    But to deney ypuirself a car, with comprehensive isnsurance, RAC cover, tyre replacement and windscreen replacement, plus all servicing before you need to seems a little strange.

Motability have already confirmed to me that, say, you paid out 3,000 AP, if you lose the car after two years, the residual AP (3,000 / 36 months) will be paid back to you when the car is removed.

To go and get a car, then find insurance, then pay for servicing, and all other costs early seems a bit of an own goal to me???
    Motabilty are going to confirm later in the year I think, as to what is going to happen to people who have a lease when PIP starts. I have a feeling they will confirm what you have said, that the cars go back and you get your AP returned if you no longer qualify for enhanced PIP Motability. I think they should offer people the chance to buy the car or at least keep it to the end of the lease, with people paying the difference themselves.

many thanks for your replies, they have been most helpful