Hi. Please help me. I need some answers before making a life changing decision.
I want your help to decide whether or not to borrow heavily so that I can offer a comfortable, disabled friendly, self catering accommodation in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area ?
I have inherited one third of a lovely semi-detached property at the centre of a community based housing scheme. Over the last few years I adapted the property to meet the growing needs of my disabled Mum to include overhead hoisting, roll-in wetroom and wheelchair access.
The property has been in the family since it was built 90 years ago. I cannot afford to live there myself.
I was my Mum's carer for nearly 2 decades until she 'passed over' recently. and will find it very difficult to now find employment due to my physical limitations and age. So I want to create my own income. And I want to retain the property. And I want to do something of benefit to others.
I am willing to borrow heavily to buy the property so that wheelchair bound folk can benefit from an accessible holiday with their own family / friends / carers.
The problem is I would need to borrow heavily in order to achieve my aims - and I cannot afford for the proposed accommodation to fail as a business. My entire future would depend on it's success, so I need for you to answer as truthfully as possible.
* Do you take / intend to take a UK based holiday ?
* What type of accommodation do you prefer ? Given the flexibility and privacy of self catering would self catering accommodation be of interest to you ?
* How far from home are you willing to travel for a UK based holiday ?
* Newcastle upon Tyne has an international airport, national rail links, national bus / coach station, ferry terminal and major road links. Would you travel to Newcastle by air, rail, bus / coach, ferry or road ?
* Newcastle upon Tyne has a rich history, world famous shopping facilities, a vast amount of accessible tourist attractions and activities, and a vibrant night life. How likely is it that you would consider Newcastle upon Tyne as a holiday destination ?
* The property is 3 miles from Newcastle's city centre, 8 miles from sandy beaches and accessible promenades, and a short drive / train ride from the outstanding beauty of Northumberland. Do you consider this a good location ?
* Who do you holiday with / like to holiday with / need to holiday with ? Family ? Friends ? Care / support staff ? Working dogs / pets ? How many people in total in your party ? Or just solo ?
* How much do you typically pay for holiday accommodation (for your entire entourage) ?
* How much would you be willing to pay for a self catering accommodation in Newcastle with one downstairs bedroom with full room ceiling hoist system - with through transfer ceiling hoist to lounge, downstairs roll-in wetroom with ceiling hoist and plenty of room for assisting care staff, wheelchair accessible dining area, upstairs bedrooms for 5 additional people in 3 rooms (more if need-be), wheelchair accessible gardens ? £800 pw ? £1,000 pw ? £1,500 pw ?
* Would you use this accommodation if hoist not needed for your disability ?
* How long do you holiday for / intend to holiday for ? One week ? Two weeks ?
* Do you use the same accommodation for the whole holiday ?
* How often do you holiday / intend to holiday ? Once a year ? Twice a year ? More often ?
* Has lack of suitable accommodation ever prevented you from holidaying ?
* Any other information that might help me decide ?
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !