Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letters

Question Letters

sorry to post again but when i sent my pip form back to dwp i also put in it a letter from my doctor and also a letter from my daughter who cares for me
    my question is would dwp also give theses letters to Atos aswell.
    as there is a few things in my doctors letter that she did not mention when i had my home visit and also in my daughters letter
    like atos mention the copd and the sepsis in my chest but she never mention the chronic cough and breathlessness that my doctor also stated.
    and my daughter explained everything she has to do for me also the cooking bathing etc but she didnt mention any of this either on my home visit
    but did ask me why i couldnt cook or peel veg etc
    also on my pip form i had put sometimes for using a wheel chair if i was took out and to sore then i would use the chair she never said anything regarding this at all either
    so i am wondering do dwp pass all your letters also to atos who done my home visit
    thanks again for any advice on this please

This in respect of an MR, yes ?
    The DM has no medical training so if you have sent further relevant medical evidence the the DM may require an HP's opinion

no Dave i had my home visit yesterday from Atos i was asking when i returned my orig pip form back to dwp i also put in letters from my doctor and my daughter and what i was asking was do the dwp also pass on any letters from your doctor etc to Atos aswell so they know what your doctor etc has also given letters regarding illness etc thankyou again

Ok sorry I mis understood, any thing medical will have been sent to ATOS so that they could read it prior to assessment, this might in some way explain you being allocated a home visit

ty

thankyou it was just she only asked a couple of things from my doctor and left out other things that were important same with my daughters letter she didnt really say anything about the letter at all she asked loads questions which my daughter had explained in the letter
    thats why i wondered if atos got the letters aswell thankyou for your reply again

The medical evidence you have sent will be looked at alonmg side of the hcp report to see if there are any inaccuracys in your claim

should their be any at all they then rely soley on the hcp report regardless of how much medical evidence u send them that states otherwise
    i got told this off the record by a dm yesterday when they telephoned me back
    the dwp use the hcp report heavly in their decision regardless of how much medical evidence you send in if they find any problems in the medical evidence and atos report

So what the dwp are saying is if the hcp report does not tally with ur evidence they will then use the hcp report to base the decision on

This is a big eye opener in regards to the way we think the claim or rrleassessment process is done it feel like its designed to make us fail at the first hurdle no wonder why a lot of mandatory recons go unchanged if this is they way they are practicing

That is right out of order your doctor knows you better than any atos person..so to me that is the person they should take more notice of..so would the dwp not pass theses letters onto atos then ??

Yes they do send the evidence to atos however it is atos that decides if a paper based report can be done or If a f2f is needed not the dwp

Ah rite ok ty it was just they mentioned some things that was in my doctors letter and other things that was in it they didn't mention plus none of my daughter's letter was mentioned ..i will just have to wait and see what happens then take it a step at a time ..ty again for ur reply

Please bear in mind, they often leave out information from the HCR of you turn to the back page you'll see it in small writing, it will be like your GP will get letters from your hospital consultants and so will you but the copy you get isn't the same as the GP gets as it's "detrimental" to the patient for some reason, would be good if you could access your test results and diagnoses on your own computer it would save both the NHS and patients time