Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: General Election 8th June

Irony the Tories working with the DUP O dear

Quote Originally Posted by mzmps View Post
    Yes, the Labour MPs who two minutes ago were calling for Corbyn to go, that he damages the party. Then through the night, could not give him enougj platitudes, in the main.

Cons, were circling the corpse of Mays politcal career.

Sturgeon, got a bit of a surprise from both sides, but then again has huge majority in the assembly. Wales of course have there own parliament, but got a decent show.

Hung parliament not good for some things, but will make May or surogate think about policy and how it s accepted by the whole house. If there any MPs stand down, it could have huge impact. Possible for another vote this year if things fall apart, conservatives standing behind her for now, which usually means the leg is just being primed to boot her out.
    I think the conversation will have gone something like this. " we (the cabinet) have broadly agreed our brexit position, let's carry on and put up a slim and uncontroversial queen speech, I (may) will step down in 3 months so a new leader can seek a new mandate from the country and during that time let's put pressure on and have corbyn policies scrutinised and perhaps some cracks will appear." The tories are a ruthless machine and cannot surely have a worse campaign?

Liebour We do not want them as government here is why
    https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...I&cuid=1290197

Now we have a government ready to get into bed with the DUP who refused to sign the good friday agreement and believe God planted dinosaur bones to test our faith as he only really created the Earth four thousand years ago

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    Start preparing for the next election, in November or next March or perhaps after the 2018 boundary changes.
    You got that one right.
    (Even if it may be needed a bit sooner).

Any predictions for this weeks lottery?
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    You got that one right.
    (Even if it may be needed a bit sooner).

Any predictions for this weeks lottery?
    It could be as early as October? Anyone care to predict what the outcome might be?

-The DUP can't vote on English laws (due to the EVEL law passed in 2015) this meant the tories only have a majority when it comes to Brexit and the DUP promised a soft Brexit in their manifesto (due to the border with Ireland). This means the tories can't vote through their manifesto without the consent of other parties MPs (and it looks like a lot of their own MPs will vote against anyway). So we could have another Election ??

Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    -The DUP can't vote on English laws (due to the EVEL law passed in 2015) this meant the tories only have a majority when it comes to Brexit and the DUP promised a soft Brexit in their manifesto (due to the border with Ireland). This means the tories can't vote through their manifesto without the consent of other parties MPs (and it looks like a lot of their own MPs will vote against anyway). So we could have another Election ??
    Technically they would as all 18 NI mp ' s would be unable to vote so they would have 318 out of 632, a majority of 4. As sinn fein MPs don't take their seats there will be 643 in the house of commons of which 328 will be tory/dup. A working majority of 13. It's a messy situation for the country.