Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Requesting F2F to be audio recorded

Requesting F2F to be audio recorded

Hi everyone, so after Maximus receiving and reviewing further evidence from my Dr (plus evidence from my Psychologist attached to my ESA50) they are still insisting on getting me in for a F2F in just under 2 weeks time.

After reading of the all the horror stories of HCPs inaccuracies and lying on written reports and going by recommendations I've decided to have the WCA audio recorded, to ensure I'm given at least a chance of a fair assessment. I phoned them up today requesting an audio recording to which i was told on the phone "they will have speak to their manager to get the correct equipment setup and available", "to be aware due to only having the one audio recorder (old tape instead of CD) which is shared with other centres it might not be possible to have the equipment available on the day and if such they will contact me to let me know if it's possible or not"....It's seems like they do everything they can to discourage having a WCA recorded!

What do i do if they come back to me to say to equipment isn't available on the day? Should i ask for an appointment to be rearranged or just complete one without? Really dreading this F2F, don't know how to prepare, what to expect and can't wait for it all to be over!

Thanks.

Don't be too surprised if you get there, and the equipment is there, but it has 'suddenly' broken that day and so they can't use it.
    You still have to go ahead with the WCA or they will say that you "did not comply". i.e. refused to have the WCA.

If you want to be sure then tell them in advance that you will be providing your own recording equipment.

This must be able to make two 'identical recordings' on tape or CD (digital is not allowed).
    One is for you, the other for them.
    It does not have to be a dual recorder, two seperate recorders are acceptable and they don't even have to be identical.
    But it must be 2 tapes or 2 CD's, you can't mix them.

2 of these should do the job, if you've got £36 to spend:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5045864
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-20-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Link not working nukead

Yes I noticed, found an even cheaper recorder though for the new link.

Here is more information on the rules for recording your WCA, and the required consent form:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...sessments-faqs
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-20-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stressedout1 View Post
    Hi everyone, so after Maximus receiving and reviewing further evidence from my Dr (plus evidence from my Psychologist attached to my ESA50) they are still insisting on getting me in for a F2F in just under 2 weeks time.

After reading of the all the horror stories of HCPs inaccuracies and lying on written reports and going by recommendations I've decided to have the WCA audio recorded, to ensure I'm given at least a chance of a fair assessment. I phoned them up today requesting an audio recording to which i was told on the phone "they will have speak to their manager to get the correct equipment setup and available", "to be aware due to only having the one audio recorder (old tape instead of CD) which is shared with other centres it might not be possible to have the equipment available on the day and if such they will contact me to let me know if it's possible or not"....It's seems like they do everything they can to discourage having a WCA recorded!

What do i do if they come back to me to say to equipment isn't available on the day? Should i ask for an appointment to be rearranged or just complete one without? Really dreading this F2F, don't know how to prepare, what to expect and can't wait for it all to be over!

Thanks.
    Are you sure about that re the audio equipment not being avaiable as previously confirmed / agreed ? At my previous WCA the Twin CD player unit had a broken draw that was stopping the tray closing fully, and for a short time i thought i would have to go away and rearrange it for another time, which i belive is what usually happens in such events, i can understand them refusing to accomodate this if you rocked up on the day and requested the WCA be recorded

Quote Originally Posted by Stressedout1 View Post

Thanks.
    yes it cuts the number of lies down, but they can still fabricate what they see

Thanks Nukecad, definitely won't be relying on their equipment to be available or working on the day then!

Don't really want to rearrange/delaying any appointments since i want it over and down with, this reassessment has been a nightmare.

It's a good suggestion to buy your own recorders for peace of mind, though tbh I'd feel slightly silly turning up with 2 of my own recorders (looks a tad desperate), will have to just hope for the best.

You still have to go ahead with the WCA or they will say that you "did not comply". i.e. refused to have the WCA.
    Are you certain about this, especially if they have previously agreed to audio record it. they should just offer to re schedule it
    At my last WCA the CD recorder draw was partly broken, and wouldn't fully close , but the goon eventually got it to work i wouldn't of gone ahead without it being recorded

If they can consider people who are rushed to hospital during assessments as failed to attend....You get where we are heading with this.

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    Are you sure about that re the audio equipment not being avaiable as previously confirmed / agreed ? At my previous WCA the Twin CD player unit had a broken draw that was stopping the tray closing fully, and for a short time i thought i would have to go away and rearrange it for another time, which i belive is what usually happens in such events, i can understand them refusing to accomodate this if you rocked up on the day and requested the WCA be recorded
    Hi Tom, sorry for the delayed response as my posts keep getting moderated.

Yeah they said that because the recorder is shared the equipment may not be available that day and at that time, which they will let me know beforehand.

I assume it would be possible to rearrange the appointment to make sure the recorder is available but personally i can wait to get the whole thing out of the way and forgotten about, it's occupied far too much of my time it's doing my head in!