Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Requesting F2F to be audio recorded

Don't do that, they require a copy of it and it's not allowed to be digital

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    Download an app on your phone and use that of see if you can get a Dictaphone.Don't do what hubby aand me did ....we forgot to switch the phone on to record.Just remember to tell accessor you are recording them.
    Assuming Maximus operate by the same rules as Capita they won't allow a digital recording or recording onto a mini dictaphone cassette. You need to make 2 recordings on either CD or a standard size cassette.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimus View Post
    Assuming Maximus operate by the same rules as Capita they won't allow a digital recording or recording onto a mini dictaphone cassette. You need to make 2 recordings on either CD or a standard size cassette.
    Also, if you use two recording machines they must be the same - that is two cassette recorders or two CD recorders - not one of each.
    Importantly, if you intend to take your own recording equipment you must let Maximus know you intend to do this.
    As to if you have to reschedule your face-to-face assessment, Capita only allow this to be done once. Others may be able to advise you about Maximus.

Guys look up Sony voice recorders on ebay. They are good ones. I got 2 under £20 each. Very much worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    Are you certain about this, especially if they have previously agreed to audio record it. they should just offer to re schedule it
    At my last WCA the CD recorder draw was partly broken, and wouldn't fully close , but the goon eventually got it to work i wouldn't of gone ahead without it being recorded
    Yes I'm certain.
    You do not have a legal right to record your WCA, so refusal to continue without a recording can be deemed 'failure to comply' and your entire claim can be rejected because of that.
    (If you are lucky they might agree to reschedule, but they don't have to).

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    Download an app on your phone and use that of see if you can get a Dictaphone.Don't do what hubby aand me did ....we forgot to switch the phone on to record.Just remember to tell accessor you are recording them.
    Digital recording is not allowed.
    As others have said, all recording must be on Audio tape or CD. (Audio CD, video is not allowed either).
    You must supply them with an identical copy of the recording once the assessment is finished, so 2 identical recordings are needed.

If supplying your own equipment then you must also supply the signed consent forms.

If you are caught making a covert recording, or otherwise not complying with the recording rules then that can also be deemed as 'failure to comply' and your entire claim rejected.

Once again here are the rules for recording a WCA, and copies of the required consent forms:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...sessments-faqs

The rules for recording a PIP assessment are the same.
    The only difference between ESA and PIP is that for ESA they are supposed to provide the equipment if asked; for PIP you always have to provide your own equipment.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

With PIP the assessor brought a consent forms. I didn't get a copy though.

Nice to see the DWP keeping up with technology, anyone want to tell them that an "Audio CD" is in fact a digital recording

I can't see, if they have nothing to hide, why all assessments aren't recorded as a norm by them and a copy given to the client.

Surely after so many reports of bad reporting, mixups, inconsistencies and lies, which they of course deny, it would be in their interests to do so?
    Fairly small outlay and would prove their supposed innocence and professionalism, instead clients are made into nervous wrecks anticipating assessments where lies and inconsistencies may be the order of the day, breeding mistrust and dread

Instead they make it difficult for clients to record, must be this/that/the other to put people off, people who have enough on their plate already!
    Why do they make it so difficult? Not rocket science is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Akellista View Post
    I can't see, if they have nothing to hide, why all assessments aren't recorded as a norm by them and a copy given to the client.
    Simply, costs.

We all know it's not that expensive.
    But the contractors would want to charge at least a couple of quid (and extras) for each recording.
    Times that by millions of assessments.

And of course the evidence is not in their favour.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Akellista View Post
    Surely after so many reports of bad reporting, mixups, inconsistencies and lies, which they of course deny, it would be in their interests to do so?
    In reply to an MPs written question, Penny Mordaunt said recording assessments was being considered. Also the Gray report mentioned it and even suggested that this should be the norm with the option for claimants to "opt-out" (choose not to be recorded).