Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long after sending PIP claim form before you hear anymore?

How long after sending PIP claim form before you hear anymore?

After returning the PIP claim pack how long is it before you normally hear anything. Do they send any acknowledgment to say they received it?
    The form had to be returned by 7th April and we posted it on 4th using special delivery which confirms it was received & signed for on 5th April. It's now over 2 weeks since they got it so thought they would at least send an acknowledgment, considering they were so keen to send letters & texts reminding to return the form.

Quote Originally Posted by panther12 View Post
    After returning the PIP claim pack how long is it before you normally hear anything. Do they send any acknowledgment to say they received it?
    The form had to be returned by 7th April and we posted it on 4th using special delivery which confirms it was received & signed for on 5th April. It's now over 2 weeks since they got it so thought they would at least send an acknowledgment, considering they were so keen to send letters & texts reminding to return the form.
    To be on the safe side I would telephone to check that they have received it.

cant remember but do know you can change face to face assessment appointment when received I put mine back a month,said couldn't get transport community car

If I remember right my hubby was 6-7 week before he heard anything and that was an appointment for a F2F.No phone calls or anything to acknowledge the forms had been received at DWP.On the other hand my friend had 3 calls about her forms. 1 to say they hadn't been received and 2 5 mins later to say they had got them but that was roughly 6/7 April and she hasn't heard anything back.

I got a text after a week saying it had been received, I presume that is when it had been put on their system. 3 weeks now and heard nothing more, expecting a f2f but we are away on a family holiday abroad for a couple of weeks at the beginning of May. Did state that on the form so they shouldn't give me an appointment during that time, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by panther12 View Post
    After your PIP2 claim form was received and signed for on 5th April, it would then go through the DWP internal mail system and entered onto the database. A decision-maker (DM) will look at your claim. In the majority of case, the DMs decide that the claimant needs to have a face-to-face assessment. Whether or not, the DM decides you should have to have a f2f you will receive a letter notifying you of the DMs decision. However, the timescale from receipt of the PIP2 application form and when the decision id made can vary. Also bear in mind that DWP reply (with very very few exceptions) by second class post so if you phone and ask if a decision has been made, it could take a week for you to receive the decision.

As others have pointed out, it is possible that you may receive a text in the meantime.

Thanks guys. My previous 5 year award for DLA was ending so this is the claim for PiP. I guess if they hadn't received it by the due date they would be pretty quick to let me know as they are still paying DLA until a decision on pip is made. If I remember on the previous DLA claim I was lucky not to have been required a f2f assessment and I don't think it took very long from sending in the claim and receiving their decision giving me low rate care & mob - although I've resigned to the fact that it won't be the case here though.

I keep on banging on about this and yes it will cost you a little bit of cash but the £1 or thereabouts it costs for recorded delivery . Has been priceles on a number of occaisions for both people i know and myself . The change in attitude over the phone when they are saying " Well its just tough we have not recieved it " To which you reply it was delivered to you on whatever date and was signed for by whoever " You get all the oh dear i will chase it up for you do you mind going on hold and amazingly after 1 - 2 minutes on hold they have found the document a few minutes ago they stated with all certainty that they had not received has been found . Probably sat on some ones desk under their coffee cup and half eaten packet of Hob Npobs

I didn't get any acknowledgment letter or text to say they received the claim but have now received a letter from Capita to explain what happens next. It says the DWP has passed the application to them and they will look at the claim and will be in contact as to what happens next and a date should they decide on a f2f.

my first review forms had to be in by the 22 april sent recorded delivery. as all ways only had 3 weeks time to send it back but was waitng on new dx reports from pain clinic. and doctor,s report. so they got it on the 20th i rang up to make sure on the 21 and they said it was there but not on the system yet.

she put a note that it was there. i got a text from them on the 27th that said.

thanks for sending us your how your disability affects you"form we may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision.we,ll contact you again if we do.please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed.

the stress kicking in all ready i hope they look at my first clam that i have to have a home f2f lol
    Last edited by bonzo; 05-02-2017 at 08:58 AM.