Thread: Discharged myself from hospital

Discharged myself from hospital

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts.
    Following a blues and twos call on wednesday morning, I spent one very stressful night in hospital, awful night care ie.none.
    Against medical advice I discharged myself ( not a good idea I know). Discharge letter says that. However it also detailed, in far more depth than I was aware of, my condition and ongoing prognosis.

My question is, will this self discharge letter be bad evidence when my claim comes up for renewal ?
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Never ever discharge yourself from hospital if you want to leave just get up and go . By signing papers to discharge yourself the hospital are not obliged to take you back shoulkd you have a turn for the worse regarding the medical condition you were being ,supposed to be or not being treated for at the hospital .

That would depend on how they see it.

It could be good evidence that you are not capable of making rational decisions for yourself?
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

You doing the best for your own health as you see it can only be a good thing of you ask me! I discharged myself from surgery asap because they were being careless. But I would think that the hospital's stroppy letter saying how very sick you are but you risked your life anyway by leaving their brilliant care, is sadly not very good evidence. If you need it, get a GP's letter that includes only the useful information.

Stuff the DWP for a minute, what's really important here is, are you OK??

Quote Originally Posted by Pobby74 View Post
    Stuff the DWP for a minute, what's really important here is, are you OK??
    Thanks, I feel better for being home. Been to GP's who are taking over. Being in a ward with two guys dying didn't help with my mental well being.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

I've self discharged many times, from small things like the time it's taken from getting pain relief to nurses arguing over who's taking there next break on night shifts, it's never been brought up when I'm reassessed or applying for benefits, usually it's only written up on the GP notes as emergency admission you don't need to explain you self discharged, hospital can be a stressful thing it can also make your health worse imo, sometimes just being at home in your own surroundings is the best medicine, I do hope your feeling better and try not to worry about how it or might affect your benefits healths more important

Hi I don't think it matters at all regarding benefits, it could have been many reasons you left. I did it last December as couldn't handle the chaos.
    As others have said as long as your OK, that's all that matters.
    Take care.

David69

Are you ok?
    How are you feeling today?
    I know what you mean about being on a ward. when i was younger in my 20s had really bad asthma attack rushed into hospital old lady was talking to me that night in the morning she had died in her sleep. Since then i have hated going to hospital just hate the smell and associate it with death. so i would rather be at home also. But make sure you look after yourself.
    It is nothing to do with the DWP dont even stress about them just get better. xx

Thanks everyone.
    I am taking things easy. In some ways I am lucky this has happened, it has brought to light somethings that I was unaware of. I know I am not 25 anymore, but had never considered that I would need to have oxygen at home. Never thought that skin could be thin ( skin is just the bag to keep everything inside isn't it ? ) I wil know more on monday but you ain't getting rid of me yet.