Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plans for 11 thousand esa medicals per week?

Plans for 11 thousand esa medicals or reviews per week?

I read on another site and i think, also on the dwp site, that they intend to be assessing eleven thousand people, per week, for esa when they reach "fever pitch"

They will be building up to this figure, many people will be assessed, on the information they already hold, intemperate this as you wish

The thing is if they are going to be assessing many people, by giving them a medical, i can't see how they will ever keep to their intended time table, many years ago when my husband had his first ib50 and was sent for a medical, the medical center was so full we had to wait in the corridor, people were in and out on a regular basis.

Last week at his medical there was no one in when we arrived and people were being turned away, well one was! because one of the two doctors on duty was ill.2 people arrived while we were there, one for another type of medical. and one person was with the doctor already.

The point is how will they cope with the normal medicals, transfers, appeals etc, i think they are being very optimistic with their plans.
    Last edited by saintjanet; 02-06-2011 at 10:17 PM.

do you have a link for this story janet ?

I THINK IT WAS ON THE dwp's own site, or yougov, not sure but i think, i just looked at the plans for transfer to esa and they gave details, sorry i took so long to reply, JAN (keep forgetting when i post on this forum!!}
    Last edited by saintjanet; 02-07-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Account deleted
    Rumour has it people on indefinite payments are to be the main target first, because they get the highest payments of IB and DLA.

I've no doubt this is all out cutting the cost, today the Tories say they think 3 out of four people can work, they are not saying they are not disabled, but they can do something.

They say they need to save 16 billion a year, out of 135 billion.

So far in Scotland where the trial is being carried out it has a mixed picture, with nearly everyone failing the tests, but most are winning the appeals. what a mess.

Rumour is often what it is, the government have plenty to say and many think some of it is propaganda, i have said this before and i do not pretend to be an expert, but my own MP had to contact JCP to "find out" their intentions.

I did read today and i'm ashamed to say, i can not remember where, that a labour MP has asked for the one year rule to be increased to 2 years, which would suggest that many things are still being discussed, and not yet set in stone.

Regarding 16 billion savings out of 135 billion, that is just less than 8.5% saving, unless i am reading your figures wrong, 3 out of 4 working or not receiving benefits more likley, would give 75% saving, excuse the pun but it does not add up , at least not when i passed A level maths, and is indeed a mess.
    Last edited by saintjanet; 02-11-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Hi Jan I also saw the bit about the labour MP that wants to change it to 2 years...I also saw somewhere that there were 5.5 million unemployed and just under 600,00 jobs available....and that is before the so called mass transfer...I can't remember where I saw it either I also found the correct figures on the DWP site for the trials in Aberdeen and Burnley but can't find that either lol....so you are not alone and to top it all I just typed all this out once and deleted it all.......... accidently !!!!

Also may I add apart from not being able to keep up with all these medicals....you mentioned earlier in the thread, I read that they are going to keep on doing them as often as every 6 months, some people as soon as 2 weeks after the last medical ...surely the cost of all these so called medicals is going to cost more than paying the benefits themselves.........I am sure these staff doing all these medicals don't come cheap...

The provisional figures show that we have made 1347 decisions of which:

399 have been found fit for work (29.6%)
    422 are in the support group for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) – this means they will receive unconditional support (31.3%)
    526 are in the Work Related Activity of ESA – this means with the right help and support they can start the journey back to work (39%)

these were the true figures ......

Its ridiculous anyway because you can be on DLA and still work, so where would they be saving money there ?

Propaganda, again sue. If they plan even more medicals, why are they sooooooooooo far behind now?, talk is cheap , medicals are not.My GP used to do them.

andypandy, you are right.

Anyone interested, the figures above do not add up regarding the savings they want, quoted by treborc.

One thing i don't get is, the Government have been trying to take people off benefits for many years, so why, are there so many, more than ever, if you believe them, still claiming and receiving them? none of it makes sense to me, if i was young enough i would take another degree ...... in politics!.

Regards, Jan

LAST THING,sadly you only hear the bad news.There may be some goodsometime!
    Last edited by saintjanet; 02-12-2011 at 11:00 PM.

I agree with you totally Jan, the government have been trying to do away with Welfare for years, and I did see a program once that, I think it was Winston Churchill never wanted the National Health Service.....that's the conservatives for you.....This deficit has given them the perfect excuse do do everything they always wanted....I know Labour started all this but no way would they have been quite so cruel.

However I have always thought the need for a new political Party.....so you would get my vote.....call it the honesty party lol xxxx