Thread: Can i appeal over decision to stop my ESA?

Can i appeal over decision to stop my ESA?

My ESA has stopped on 30/04/2012, it was NI based. because my partner works 24 hours a week i cant claim ANYTHING. Can i appeal against this decision? That has taken 188.50 a fortnight off me and replaced it with NOTHING.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by graemet View Post
    My ESA has stopped on 30/04/2012, it was NI based. because my partner works 24 hours a week i cant claim ANYTHING. Can i appeal against this decision? That has taken 188.50 a fortnight off me and replaced it with NOTHING.
    I don't think you have any right to appeal, there are 1,000's in the same postion as you

Its hard to know whats best to advise in this postion

I would seel advise from some like the CAB. See what your options are, if you have any. Do not see this as the end, unless it is confirmed.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I'm in the same position my NI ESA stopped this week - however in their letter to me it stated you can appeal against this decision.
    I was turned down for ESA in March 2011 - I appealed this decison but to date I am still waiting to get an appeal hearing date!

I am also in the same position with the exception that I do get low level DLA for help with food as I am unable cook safely for my self, I also struggle to make a hot drink! This 20 does not cover the support required for a week. My wife works more than 24 hours a week and as such we are unable to claim any other allowances. Interestingly I have to attend an ATOS medical for the ESA that I can't get later this week, and also in June an interview with my personal adviser for my ESA! While I realise that I am still waiting for a neurosurgens diagnosis of my complaint, which may or may not help (I doubt it). This seems to me that the government that brought in the LAW on ESA does not know what the implication is or even care about those affected by it. I feel as may do some others on this Forum that I have been kicked in the teeth while already down.