Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordering a hoist with Motability.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    I have just got a Ford C-Max with a boot hoist (Brig Ayd 80kg hoist) on motability. It's great and so simple. My scooter is Pride Go Go Elite Traveller Plus (4 wheel). The hoist cost £95.
    Small World, that’s the hoist I’m looking at and that’s the same scooter I’ve already got.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    I have just got a Ford C-Max with a boot hoist (Brig Ayd 80kg hoist) on motability. It's great and so simple. My scooter is Pride Go Go Elite Traveller Plus (4 wheel). The hoist cost £95.
    Hi catlover,
    Now having seen the new prices for AP I’m sort of settling down to a couple of cars in mind and just wondered as you have the same scooter as myself and I’m looking at that same hoist can I asked, do you load the scooter into the Ford straight down the car with one or more back seats folded down or is it possible for the scooter to be lowered into place sitting across the back of the boot if you see what I mean.

I know the scooter will fit across the car I have in mind but I don’t know if the hoist can lift it into the car then turn it so it’s across the car as the turning bit I imagine needs a tiny bit more width than the actual scooters width.

Not to worry too much if you don’t understand my question as it is a bit complicated to explain but I’m going to see the Brid-Ayd people (hopefully) at the Exeter road show Saturday week.

Hi ChrisK i am just a few miles out of Exeter. Can you tell me the date when the road show is on please? Went a couple of years back, borrowed one of their scooters, enjoyable day. Now def need scooter to use regularly plus son beeding one too, so need to look at suitable cars. Be good to have a chat with the different dealers.

Hi anniea

Tomorrow week is the day, the 15th July 9 AM to 4 PM.

http://www.motability.co.uk/news-and...stpoint-exeter

I’ll be there about mid-day hopefully to get info on scooter hoist’s and maybe , if the queues aren’t too long, a test drive of the Ford Kuga assuming it has a auto gearbox.

Hi ChrisK .Told hubby so hopefully will be there. We have a Skoda Yeti at the moment. Great car, enjoy driving her. Still got 8 months left on lease but be good to have a look at all the cars in one place, its hard work going from showroom to showroom. Didnt wait too long for a scooter last time. Put our names down and two suddenly turned up!

Went to the Exeter Roadshow Saturday and it was all bad news?

First bad news was I could not get a test drive of the Ford Kuga because it was fully booked, this was 1 PM so was a bit surprise if they were booked up to 4PM and do wonder if it was possible to pre-book test drive before the event.

Second bit of bad news is my GoGo scooter will not fit in the Kuga fully assembled even with one of the back seats folded down. As it happened the Brig Ayd people just happen to have the hoist I wanted fitted in a demo Kuga but the scooter they had was a very small Shoprider scooter that looked like it would be fine for a 10 year old.

The Kuga Still looks like the car for me after having a real good gander at the show car at the roadshow but looks like I need to have a few more words with Brig Ayd as I thought after leaving the show I could get away having the hoist but having the scooter balanced without the scooter seat attached as this would leave more room for the tiller to be lowered down enough and give it clearance height wise as that’s where the problem is.

I had a similar issue with my scooter into a Peugeot 308 estate. With seat off and tiller down, barely 6mm clearance to play with loading and unloading with the hoist. I noted that the bracket with the arms to connect the hoist straps to ran in front of the seat post, across width of the scooter. This meant that the tiller could not fully fold down because it fouled on this cross arm.
    I pointed this out to the owner of the fitting company, and he agreed to trial making up some longer arms ( the ones the hoist straps latch on to) and I would reverse the part that fitted to the seat post so the cross arm ran widthways behind the seat post and not in front of it.
    The point of balance remained the same, the tiller could now fold right down as intended, and I now had 2 inches more clearance