Thread: Income support help

Question Income support help

Morning forum,

can anyone help with the criteria for income support? i need as much information about it as possible.

basically i am looking at a top up to what i all ready get and does savings affect this benefit?

any help,

mike

Where to begin as IS is a minefield. This is what the DWP say:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...me/DG_10018708
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

There is a government online benefits adviser service http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/Do...gory/DG_172666
    & also a good advice site http://www.welfarerights.net/benefit...Income-Support

stephen,

as you are aware i got my dla knocked on the head and even though the dwp have said i have no disabilities in the end i am still stuck here with a permanent tube coming out of my guts.

with me having this condition i am bound to pay for some equipment which isn't funded on the NHS plus i also have a letter requiring me to have a disabled shower in which there is a contribution, sadly this has now gone to the wall thanks to the dwp.

plus my condition can just change in an instant which means i have to meet the costs of getting around and also meet the costs getting regular treatment.

the above is just one set of reasons for asking about income support top ups.

if anyone is getting income support and knows the in and outs of getting it then please can you let me know.

mike

p.s funny how dla states it is to help with costs of getting around and to help meet any extra costs incurred, they don't live up to what they state any more

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    stephen,

as you are aware i got my dla knocked on the head and even though the dwp have said i have no disabilities in the end i am still stuck here with a permanent tube coming out of my guts.

with me having this condition i am bound to pay for some equipment which isn't funded on the NHS plus i also have a letter requiring me to have a disabled shower in which there is a contribution, sadly this has now gone to the wall thanks to the dwp.

plus my condition can just change in an instant which means i have to meet the costs of getting around and also meet the costs getting regular treatment.

the above is just one set of reasons for asking about income support top ups.

if anyone is getting income support and knows the in and outs of getting it then please can you let me know.

mike

p.s funny how dla states it is to help with costs of getting around and to help meet any extra costs incurred, they don't live up to what they state any more
    you should follow up on the shower if your income has dropped because you have no DLA you might not need to pay as much towards the shower get advice and see

Dave could be right on the shower, I was thinking the same before I read what he said.

This is a mess for you Mike, & I know you are fighting. I will say what I usually say, & have said to you too, get help. All benefits are a minefield. You cannot get C unless you have A, but you cannot get A because you cannot get B. You cannot have B unless you have C. if you get C you cannot get A as you cannot get B.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen