Thread: From high rate DLA mobility to standard PIP, car tax changes

From high rate DLA mobility to standard PIP, car tax changes

Hi

Received the result of my PIP assessment today and I'm now on standard rate PIP mobility instead of high rate DLA mobility so I will need to pay my own car tax with 50% discount and will be posting all necessary documents and cheque to the DVLA.

Can anyone tell me if I date the cheque for the car tax for the day my PIP starts, which is 6th June or for the 1st June as I presume it's in complete months only??
    It doesn't give the DVLA much time to do the necessary but I can't see there's any alternative.

Grateful for any advice, thankyou

You'll need to tax it from the day you own the car before you drive it e.g. 6 June. And remember there are no paper tax discs as it's registered digitally.

Similar Threads

1. Standard rate PIP is ruining my mobility
    By cswewh in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2016, 08:43 AM
  2. High rate care and mobility for epilepsy.
    By Guest1 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-17-2015, 01:02 AM
  3. Claiming 50% reduction for standard rate mobility - complete nightmare
    By PrettyGood in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 01:55 PM
  4. Higher rate mobility on DLA replaced by standard rate on PIP
    By Debs778 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2015, 06:01 PM
  5. Car tax reduction - PIP standard rate mobility
    By noisynoodle in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 12:27 AM