Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atos medical

hi williej,

i was watching what this doctor wrote down but like you say what they say and write and what ends up with the dwp can be 2 different things.

before this doctor came in to my home, i did take an extra precaution and this is for my own safety in case things go sour just can't say on here but it has been mentioned in some other people's posts.

mike

I cannot remember what you said in other posts, reason being so many are saying so much on this mess. I just wanted to post a note of caution, I hate to be the one who always does this, but for your sake I feel I should. If it was a recording the doctor has to be warned, otherwise it is illegal & cannot be used as evidence, even if they were to confess to being a mass murderer.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

After the dla home medical, due to the amount of trouble i have been getting with the dwp i have requested a copy of the doctors emp report.

as for recording stuff i actually had someone with me who was taking notes, these notes will now enable me to see if things have altered to what was said and wrote down by this doctor. (hope that for this doctors sake things haven't been changed)

if the report goes in unchanged then there is a glimmer of benefit been awarded, if it has been changed then i know it will be an appeal situation.

well a long wait now for the outcome.

mike
    Last edited by mikeydt1; 05-11-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Documents

Quote Originally Posted by williej View Post
    I am looking for the proper report the DR sent in after a home medical,Does any one know here how to get it ,I do not want the copy that dwp/dla send you but the 1st copy the Dr sends into them as the copy sent to me is nothing as to what happened when I had the home visit I am glad my sister was there as a witness to what was said on the day.
    williej;13290, I have just done this. First I requested from the DWP all documents and reports that they referred to when making their decision under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I only got 2 of the reports that I had asked for (there are at least 10). I again asked for them whilst reminding them that they had 20 working days to provide them from the original date of request. They paid no attention. I contacted the Freedom of Information Commissionaire Office (0303 123 1113) they advised me as to my next step. A Subject Access Request was made to the DWP, with 40 calender days to provide them. DWP have now made contact with me via their DATA OFFICE in Cardiff, and I expect all of them to be with me on 25th May. Do it, ask them for 'A Subject Access Request' for all information held by them about you.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by Martin Mills; 05-11-2012 at 01:39 PM.

I do hope you do not need to challenge this one Mike. I hope what you did is enough though.

That is it Martin, that is the way to get it. I could not remember the name. It is a shame people have to go that way though when there are laws that give us the right to such information.

OMG, Dave. WTF?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Well yes, but I think when you are dead they tend not to get many complaints if the mess up, lol. I wonder why we need two systems, the evidence from our doctors & then a medical assessment.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Hi Martin,
    My son has just sent of for the SAR and he sent it recorded delivery.
    I will keep you up to date on this,He also has sent a letter of compliant to GMC about the Dr who done the home medical,Just so thankful now my sister was with me to take notes when the medical was being done as the report must be about some other person,It was surely not about myself.
    WillieJ

i understand that under section 8 of the data protection act, which they are ound by, you have the right to copies of all electronic/paper held data about you

What the law says under the data protection act and what the dwp are following at the moment are 2 different things.

annd, everyone is entitled to their file under the act, the guidelines is that you must give the dwp up to 40 days, this is an I.C.O rule, however due to the amount of backlogs the ico tell you to file a complaint less than the 40 day ruling.

the dwp have flaunted the rules in my case and i am now waiting for a final outcome letter before sending my ico form.

mike

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by williej View Post
    Hi Martin,
    My son has just sent of for the SAR and he sent it recorded delivery.
    I will keep you up to date on this,He also has sent a letter of compliant to GMC about the Dr who done the home medical,Just so thankful now my sister was with me to take notes when the medical was being done as the report must be about some other person,It was surely not about myself.
    Mornin willie,
    Good for him. I have found the DWP to be very unco-operative but I am making headway. Note the Phone No. of the Commissionaire's Office (Helpline) you can get their backing if you need to. I have also spoken to the GMC who have intermated that they may well be able to investigate a complaint against the Atos Doctor, but I want to see his report, 'The Advice from a Health Care Professional' first. I have already have his DLA Examination Report. Be aware that there might be a thing called 'The Decision Makers Report' too. I have asked for it saying that there must be one although they have not mentioned it.
    I am calling for an e-petition at http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/33732 concerning the recording of all medical exminatiions or interviews (which is what they really are)
    I shall follow this thread with much interest.