Thread: been investigated by dhss i was innocent and now again want bank statements backdated

been investigated by dhss i was innocent and now again want bank statements backdated

i was investigated by income support last year, was proved innocent, was told to send 6 monthly bank statements which i sent to them a month ago, today i get a letter asking to send my bank statements in again. They already have these and seem a bit confused as to what they are supposed to be doing. what can i do.

I would seek legal advice. They can ask for bank statements at any time from anyone. As you have been proved innocent I do not see why they would want 6 in the first place. If it were me, I might feel I was been picked on. You could also ask them why.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by jennyevans48 View Post
    i was investigated by income support last year, was proved innocent, was told to send 6 monthly bank statements which i sent to them a month ago, today i get a letter asking to send my bank statements in again. They already have these and seem a bit confused as to what they are supposed to be doing. what can i do.
    The income support section might have lost the statements you sent a month ago. Unless they want the current statement. best ring them to check.