Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PIP invite arrived for Lighttouch

Lighttouch - you can get someone else to help you fill it in. (they just have to declare this)
    You can also use voice recognition software to do this - see Abilitynet.

You can also apply for an extension, giving either or both of the above as reasons why it will take longer to fill in the epic form.

KEEP A COPY OF EVERYTHING SENT - the bastards cannot then claim it was not sent.
    Last edited by reddivine; 08-12-2017 at 06:05 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Lighttouch - you can get someone else to help you fill it in. (they just have to declare this)

You can also apply for an extension, giving either or both of the above as reasons why it will take longer to fill in the epic form.

KEEP A COPY OF EVERYTHING SENT - the bastards cannot then claim it was not sent.
    I wanted time to think about it, write and maybe revise my thoughts so it's easier for me to recreate the questions with answers using the Word Processing package 'Word'

I did use Dragon Naturally Speaking to type.

They suggested that I could have extra time w

I sent the Application and evidence via registered post. They returned a text message to say they had received it on 25 July.

I've got my copy in the form of a Word file.

I sent my answers to my doctor so he can at least see my view if he has to give evidence. I also put down the Pain Clinic and my Neuro rehabilitation consultant. That reminds me I haven't sent them copies of my written answers to refer too. We all need to look like were singing off the same hymn sheet!

Basically @reddivine has said, mostly what I was going to say. Make use of the extended application period.

The 'initial phonecall' will be supposedly a security check. However I got the impression it was an assessment as well, they repeatedly asked the same questions. I got the feeling they were making a decision on the first call rather than the form.. Just how I felt at the time. In future I'll get someone else to make the call. I recorded it.

Like yourself I can't write a form of that length, and had to get a family member to handwrite and compile all the additional information.

I can't go for more than a few pages without loosing concentration and becoming anxious.

My ATOS interview, and report was a disturbingly sick event and full of lies.

Its taken nearly a year for me, from the phonecall to the tribunal date, which has been postponed recently due to a 'lack of panel staff. My only income is the basic rate of PIP at 55 quid a week. I'm still waiting on the second tribunal date.

I reckon many of us are very seasoned, and equally frustrated form fillers.

Very very best of luck.

J

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post

When I received the application form I knew I wouldn't be able to fill it out by hand.

I thought there may have been a PDF I could've filled out but that wasn't the case.

In the end I decided to recreate the form In Word and spent several days filling it out. I printed out my replies which came to 10 pages of A4. I attach these to the original application and signed it. I then posted it via the Royal mail with the tracking system.

The DWP did actually text message me to say they have received it.

The DWP also allow me two extra weeks to fill the form out. Luckily, I still have my word file of the evidence I gave on my computer.

Just have to wait and see what happens now.

My application reached them before the 28 July 2017.

Today, Thursday 24 August, I've received an invite to attend a f2f really early in the middle of central Manchester on Monday 4 Sept, The letter was automatically generated on Monday 21 August.

So it's taken 26 working daty to process e.g. 5 normal weeks not 7 as they told me.

It seems that ATOS has now rebranded itself and is now known as 'Independent Assessment Services'.

They suggest checking out this link https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/about-us/

They suggest you'll hear the result 4 weeks later that takes mine to 4 October if I don't change the appointment.

Scarry times!

At least you now have a time frame to work to
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

I phoned them to see if I could rearrange the assessment to a more reasonable time.

They allow you just one change. So now I'm going earlier Wed 30 August at 11am. I plan to drive there - park up and use my wheelchair. I do't plan on taking anyone with me for support.

Thats great. Be aware that they will be watching you on CCTV, even before you enter the building.
    Best of luck, I hope it goes well for you
    please let us know how you get on
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Well, my f2f assessment for PIP has arrived. I'll be taking off in 90 minutes to drive to the centre. I did a dry run on Monday - it was a good job because my SATNAV no longer works so I did miss my turning and ended up on a ring road that took 20 minutes to get back on track.

Hopefully I can remember the route today.

All the best to everyone who is also about to have a face to face!

Best of luck although luck shouldn't come into if the assessor is honest.