Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what did you do for 50th

I might be daring fwipperie and have onion with that cheese sarnie lol. Yes spencer69 very cheeky young un lol, those last few years will go fast make the most of it haha. As for remembering well maybe for 24-48hrs then it will be gone haha.
    Thanks Nuke there's lots of things i'd love to do but physically no longer able even with lots of effort. I'd love to go to an observatory but no one who drives would take me as they'd find it all boring. I did suggest a yurt but a few yrs ago i made sis and kids come with me to camping pod i thought it was great they were not impressed so yurt was a no. I did mention to them that i'd love to see a monster truck show or even go in one, that got better response. My birthday is later in year so we'll see. But thanks for all replies

Biscuitgazer
    Is going to be my 50th as well...We though of going on holiday as a family, because it's also - and more importantly- my mom's 80th this year, but instead of arranging anything we fell to arguing about it because nobody told my sister abroad that we wanted to do that, and school holidays meant very definite dates, and now my sister has made an unchangeable booking of her family holiday for those dates.

So the upshot is, I am at a loss what to do. I'll be watching this thread! I'm tempted to tell my brothers and sisters I'm catching winter sun for my 50th and they are welcome to follow suit if they can fit it in...

Mine was terrible, my ex had walked out on me and the kids 5 months earlier and left me with a load of credit card debt. Apart from that it was fine

Oh heck - I really can't remember as it's not far off 20 years since my 50th. I always go out for a meal with family but other than that can only think we did at some point in time take a holiday.
    Just do whatever is your favourite passtime/hobby - after all it's 'your' special day!!
    Sea Queen

For my 50th, my dearly beloved bought me a radio controlled helicopter ( boys and their toys ). It arrived early so I was allowed to play with it . I had to charge the batteries for some hours to be able to fly it. Being impatient after half an hour I had to give it a try and managed to get it a foot off the floor. Great, I thought, this is going to be fun, so I put the batteries on to charge forthe full time.
    Earlier that week, I had hurt my back at work and was on diazepan for the pain and so I fell asleep.
    Some time later I heard she who must be obeyed shouting, FIRE. I woke up and smelled smoke. With my father living with us, I made my way through to alert him and get him out. I didn't make it and was overcome by the smoke, collapsing ing the hallway.
    Three days later I woke in hospital, having spent two days in a decompression chamber due to CO poisoning.
    I will never forget my 50th as the day we lost everything we owned down to my last pair of socks.
    Since then I don't celebrate birthdays
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Well that certainly beats mine for the worst one yet, well done, I think!

We went to Goa with 2 friends and celebrated my 50th 6 weeks late in a beach shack.That was when we were fit and able to do it.My 60th we had a family sunday lunch at a local pub.We did the same for my OHs 60th and 65th and will probably do the same for my 65th in 3 years time god willing I'm still around.

OMG David that's terrible.I wouldn't celebrate another birthday either
    Last edited by barbiejane; 06-29-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Well hope mines not as bad as yours David69, sorry about yours phaedra sounds like you're better off without the twathead, Yours sounded good barbiejane but like you say you were ok then so upto it i couldn't do that and thankfully this will be my last big birthday i wont be around many years after it and all my birthdays have been very basic even as a kid so i wanted something good. I still don't know i have places i'd like to go but no car to get to them and physically not up to trains etc to get there, and other stuff not physically able to do i saw a leaflet for those things where you go in a box and then its like you're doing a parachut jump you are blown into the air so thought nearest i'll get to doing one but when i rang they said wasn't possible so well see i have a feeling it'll be a pub lunch with whoever can turn up then back home and watch one of my dvds!!!! nothing memorable!